Graduate Trainee - Software Engineering
- Function: Software Engineering(ENG)
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and business.
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. More than 50,000 companies use Freshworks SaaS to enable a better customer experience (CX, CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM). Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
The different software development teams work closely with the product teams and are divided into squads. Each squad may comprise of a few product managers and product designers and a number of software engineers. Each engineer is part of a squad and each squad owns different areas of responsibility for their respective product / platform – be it backend, frontend, testing or operations. They own the entire SDLC for their area of responsibility and are in charge of delivering world-class features for our products. Anyone who enjoys programming and writing code to solve business problems will fit very well into engineering roles at Freshworks.
What we look for:
Freshworks is looking to hire smart, determined and passionate students who'll be graduating in 2022 for our product development organization. Here is a short description of traits that we look for from students fresh out of college:
Software Engineering (Development):
- Solid problem-solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Experience with hands-on programming (in any language).
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and OOPs concepts.
- Passion for building things from ground up.
- If you've built web/mobile apps during your time in college, that will certainly give you an edge.
- This is for final year students currently in college and will graduate by July 2022; ready to join as full time employees upon graduation.
- We are open to students pursuing all undergraduate courses. We do not have positions for fresh PG students at this time.
- If you graduated in 2021 or earlier, we have only a few openings where we are hiring freshers - we will reach out to you based on the openings we have.
- If you are not yet in final year (graduating in 2023 or later) - we will archive your profile for now and you can apply when you are in final year.
The recruitment process:
- Shortlisted profiles will be invited to a coding challenge. We will send out invites in a periodic manner and give one week to complete it.
- All our interviews will be virtual video interviews on Zoom, since we are all working remotely for the time being.
- We will plan multiple interview drives - they may be spread over 2-3 dates to accommodate all candidates.
- Given the context of Covid and remote work – Freshworks is working partially remotely (as things stand today). While we have office locations in Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad – we are open to hiring in all these locations, but the majority of our teams are based out of Chennai.
- We are also tentatively looking at expanding to newer locations and will take your preference in case you wish to be based out of these locations in the future.
- We are also slowly returning back to the office in phases, and will expect those hired to work out of one of the three offices upon joining.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.