Sr. Payroll Specialist (Remote)
FORWARD is a venture-backed company on a mission to build comprehensive solutions allowing governments to assist their communities at scale.
The FORWARD Platform is an Integrated Program Administration solution that incorporates all essential components, people, and technology into a single streamlined workflow to effectively, securely, and equitably administer critical resources to help communities thrive.
Municipalities nationwide are utilizing FORWARD to streamline the design, implementation, operations, communications, reporting, and compliance functions of their economic and community development assistance programs.
Our fully remote team works hard, but we fully embrace the advantages of this new paradigm. We work autonomously, collaborate asynchronously, and take ownership of our work.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
The Payroll Specialist participates in the production of semi-monthly payroll, performs the full range of record-keeping and payroll processing activities, as well as assisting the Accounting Department with recording of daily bank transactions. This position is deadline driven and requires a work schedule to meet these deadlines. In addition, the position shall perform other assigned accounting functions for the Accounting Department.
- Process semi-monthly payroll, calculate and process.
- Reconcile benefit invoices to employee deductions and G/L & Provide timely support to staff enquiries.
- Maintain accurate and complete filing systems - Perform audits of systems to maintain integrity.
- Calculate and process any needed adjustments, terminations, and other changes accurately each pay period.
- Accurately record and document all payroll transactions to ensure complete record keeping and audit trial.
- Provide support for all audit needs; Assist with quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect Payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Support accounting department, HR as needed.
- Experience in processing payroll, bookkeeping and/or benefit related account reconciliation.
- Strong mathematical competency with the ability to perform reconciliations.
- Intermediate level of computer skills critical including use of database, word processing, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, problem solve and take initiative as well as work in and add value to a team environment, pitching in as needed to "get the job done.”
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Customer service orientation, including ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equvilant years of experience
What You'll Bring:
Communication and Collaboration:
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with others across disciplines.
- Builds understanding through active listening to what others have to say and responding appropriately.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills that influence others.
- Works to resolve differences and maintain work relationships.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver on-time.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Rules / Regulations around tax
- Familiarity of modern payroll software
- Familiarity of forms / W2s / 1099s / etc.
Salary range: $65,000-$85,000/yr.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees including:
- Fully remote position (Pacific Standard Time)
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% Employee paid medical and dental insurance
- Stock Options
- 401K Plan