Sr. Accountant (Remote)
- Seattle Ferry Terminal, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FORWARD is a venture-backed company on a mission to build comprehensive solutions allowing governments to assist their communities at scale.
The FORWARD Platform is an Integrated Program Administration solution that incorporates all essential components, people, and technology into a single streamlined workflow to effectively, securely, and equitably administer critical resources to help communities thrive.
Municipalities nationwide are utilizing FORWARD to streamline the design, implementation, operations, communications, reporting, and compliance functions of their economic and community development assistance programs.
Our fully remote team works hard, but we fully embrace the advantages of this new paradigm. We work autonomously, collaborate asynchronously, and take ownership of our work.
The Sr. Accountant will fill a key role within the Accounting/Finance team and will work closely with the Controller. This position is responsible for timely and accurate recording of journal entries, GL account reconciliations, and accruals. Additionally, this candidate will closely collaborate with the Controller to develop a more efficient and effective Accounts Payable end-to-end workflow. This candidate will be successful as a key contributor and owner of process improvements, efficiencies, and effective workflow for all accounting cycles.
The successful candidate will be effective and experienced in general accounting functions and will be able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills. Additionally, the preferred candidate will have a strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well with others.
The candidate in this role will fit well in an environment that rewards self-starting, energetic, focused individuals with ever increasing responsibility and challenge.
- A critical participant in the month-end close process, performing monthly/quarterly close tasks.
- Responsible for certain month-end accruals.
- Reviews expense coding completed by Staff Accountant.
- Ensures Balance Sheet reconciliations are performed timely.
- Completes and maintains the month-end close checklist.
- Performs month-end variance analysis of Balance Sheet and P&L.
- Leads the issuance of 1099s at year-end
- Assist with Financial Statement and compliance audits.
- Owns State and Local tax filings process.
- Assist process improvements and workflow efficiencies
- An active participant in developing internal controls and procedures.
- Assist with evaluation of next tier accounting software
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 6+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- State and Local tax experience preferred
- Proficiency in accounting software, QuickBooks preferred
- Strong excel or Google sheets skills required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, and the ability to work well with others
- A strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and decision-making skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees including:
- Fully remote position
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% Employee paid medical and dental insurance
- Stock Options
- 401K Plan