- 2735 Hickory Grove Rd, Davenport, IA 52804, USA
For more than 150 years, FEIN Power Tools has been building an empire on professional grade, German engineered and manufactured power tools. Jancy Engineering, a US based company with over 75 years in the metal cutting industry, has teamed up with FEIN. Together they provide the most rugged and reliable power tools and metal cutting tools in the industry. These two companies continue to be respected and revered throughout the world for providing high quality, expertly engineered business solutions.
Operate manufacturing machines to fabricate parts. Performs typical machine shop operations, including but not limited to: loads parts in machine, cycle machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations (such as worn or damaged cutting tools), runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Performs the following machining tasks: milling, turning, etching, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and/or grinding
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results)
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts
- Notify production manager of dull cutting tools
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools/attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences
- Lift work pieces to machines manually or with hoists
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts
- Organize and clean the work stations in the department area
- Comply with company safety policies
- Continually demonstrate a productive, non-disruptive work ethic
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required
Minimum 1 year of related experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk short distances, talk and/or hear, use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and to lift or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must rarely be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.