Head of Engineering / VP Engineering (Remote)
FANtium is a whole new way to connect with your favourite athletes and share their success.
We enable FANs to invest in athletes they believe in through NFTs and share their real-world financial success for a season or along their career. FANtium works with professionals already at the top, as well as talents on their way to become professionals.
FANs become part of the athlete’s close and exclusive community, with access to curated benefits and real-life experiences. When athletes rise and win, everyone in the community rise and win together.
We are the first mover in a 130bn+ market at the intersection of Web3, sports and athletes. Our investors include founders and angels from one of the most successful Web3 companies (round will be announced in August) 🚀
We have 4 core values that shape us: passion, humility, rise and connect will be our driving forces💡We are looking for individuals whom respect and empower others, possess a growth mindset, and always ready to rise to challenges. Do you feel like this could be you? 🙌🏽
🌟 Your role as Head of Engineering
- Design and develop a powerful technical architecture to support FANtium’s ambition to scale.
- Facilitate the technical implementation of our platform UI/UX by working in close collaboration with our product leader.
- Hire, inspire and lead a world-class Web3 engineering team.
- Build FANtium’s technical vision to support our founders with Web3 security and audit requirements.
- Provide a state of the art experience for our end users, to allow FANs around the world to engage with their favorite athletes.
🌎 Your are
- Passionate about Web3 projects: you’ve been reading, watching, and actively following Web3 and the fast developing projects landscape.
- Equipped with solid technical leadership experience: you’ve been a tech lead or senior engineer of a successful Web2 or Web3 company.
- Happy to “get your hands dirty”: you have 5+ years of software engineering experience, coding yourself, you enjoy building technical architectures and translating ideas into code.
- Experienced in smart-contract-based Web3 products: you’ve deployed it to a mainnet of any of the major blockchains (Solidity or Rust).
- Well connected in the Web3 space: you are a natural relationship builder, love mentoring people and have access to a strong network of technical talent.
👫 Our team
Our founder is a serial entrepreneur and business angel with high exposure in sports and blockchain projects (Sorare seed investor, 20+ start-ups and fund investments). Our core team are experienced leaders (ex-BCG, high-growth tech startups), and we have convinced some of the greatest athletes to join us 🎓
By the way: interested in joining us? We welcome and encourage applicants of all ages, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, religious backgrounds and gender identities as well as people with disabilities to apply.
💭 Why us?
🥇 Founding core team: you’ll be part of the founding team, with experience as entrepreneurs, in MBB consulting and high-growth startups, building and scaling a new venture. We believe in learning to be priceless: you’ll learn how to build a company along the way!
🤝 Culture: we mean it - join a dynamic community that strives by elevating each other, embracing uniqueness and celebrating diversity to work towards our common goal to shape the future of Web3.
🎓 Personal & professional development: we’re committed to learn and shape things in the Web3 space. Seize the opportunity to stretch yourself, learn from and with your team to develop new skills, while empowering others.
🌎 Remote first: we believe in the remote revolution - you can work from anywhere with flexible working hours, co-working options around the world and regular get-togethers remotely & digitally.
📈 Competitive compensation & equity: you’ll get rewarded for good work & be part of the company’s success story.
🤖 Innovative spirit: we’re prepared to do things differently; we build onto our experiences, while continuing to learn and are dedicated to building something special, both in terms of product and company culture.
😻 At last but not least…
Interested in joining us? We welcome and encourage applicants of all ages, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, religious backgrounds and gender identities as well as people with disabilities to apply.