- 27 Hadfield St, Georgetown, Guyana
An outsourcing company dedicated to supplying all of the needs of trucking companies around the globe through the use of experienced support personnel and technology.
Express International started back in 2013 to expand the interests of parent company Express Trucking and Courier Inc. It functions as the first class logistical and transportation services provider to US trucking companies (target market).
In 2004, Express' president decided to purchase one small delivery van, having gained years of experience working for another company in the industry.
Through his vision, hard work and tireless efforts to build a strong network, the company's fleet grew, and other avenues of business were opened up. By the time Express International was established in 2013, the foundation had been set for expansion and consolidation of all processes related to the trucking industry.
As demand increased, the fleet was expanded from courier vans into tractors, then day cab and sleeper trucks to cover more lanes across the East Coast. A dispatch office and truck lot followed suit, and expansion continued steadily as more drivers, lanes and customers continued to come on board.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The Graphic Designer creates visual concepts as needed for various projects for Express International and affliate Companies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Create 3D models and artwork based on the concepts provided and industry standards.
- Design web pages, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Creates original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way.
- Assist with the management and creation of courses within our online LMS platform.
- Create materials using technology, including computer software programs. Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs.
- Meet with Management to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Produce drafts to be reviewed and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER SPECIALIST SKILLS:
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to work well under various stressful and time-sensitive situations.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Computer Science\similar relevant IT Certifications or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Laravel or similar framework
- Knowledge of Power B-I or similar reporting tools would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of GIT and the Linux command line would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Graphic Design systems such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar application considered an asset A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)