Human Development Supervisor
- 27 Hadfield St, Georgetown, Guyana
An outsourcing company dedicated to supplying all of the needs of trucking companies around the globe through the use of experienced support personnel and technology.
Express International started back in 2013 to expand the interests of parent company Express Trucking and Courier Inc. It functions as the first class logistical and transportation services provider to US trucking companies (target market).
In 2004, Express' president decided to purchase one small delivery van, having gained years of experience working for another company in the industry.
Through his vision, hard work and tireless efforts to build a strong network, the company's fleet grew, and other avenues of business were opened up. By the time Express International was established in 2013, the foundation had been set for expansion and consolidation of all processes related to the trucking industry.
As demand increased, the fleet was expanded from courier vans into tractors, then day cab and sleeper trucks to cover more lanes across the East Coast. A dispatch office and truck lot followed suit, and expansion continued steadily as more drivers, lanes and customers continued to come on board.
The Human Development Supervisor oversees the daily functions of the Human Development Department. He/She is responsible for administering human resources policies and programs including staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and health and safety.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for the business unit.
- Responsible for all HR functions of the business unit.
- Supervision of HD employees.
- Counsels and guides Operational leaders on appropriate performance management
- measures; attends or conducts corrective action sessions as warranted.
- Coordinate training sessions and workshops with employees on new and existing Company policies.
- Assist in administration, and scheduling of employee surveys.
- Handles employee relations counseling and escalations, and exit interviewing.
- Maintains human resource information system records
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Process work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Monitor and assist with the maintenance of benefit programs e.g. medical insurance, performance bonuses, etc.
EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
- Interpreting contracts
- Helping to negotiate collective bargaining agreements
- Resolving grievances
- Advising supervisors on contract and local laws interpretation
- Assisting with processing employee grievances
- Overseeing engagement programs and other employee relations work
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in an HR Role at a Supervisory level.
- Knowledge of employment Laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Time Management, Organization and attention to details.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, and business management and presentation tools