- 27 Hadfield St, Georgetown, Guyana
An outsourcing company dedicated to supplying all of the needs of trucking companies around the globe through the use of experienced support personnel and technology.
Express International started back in 2013 to expand the interests of parent company Express Trucking and Courier Inc. It functions as the first class logistical and transportation services provider to US trucking companies (target market).
In 2004, Express' president decided to purchase one small delivery van, having gained years of experience working for another company in the industry.
Through his vision, hard work and tireless efforts to build a strong network, the company's fleet grew, and other avenues of business were opened up. By the time Express International was established in 2013, the foundation had been set for expansion and consolidation of all processes related to the trucking industry.
As demand increased, the fleet was expanded from courier vans into tractors, then day cab and sleeper trucks to cover more lanes across the East Coast. A dispatch office and truck lot followed suit, and expansion continued steadily as more drivers, lanes and customers continued to come on board.
The founder of Express Trucking and Courier (Ken) partnered with COO Kevin Ramroop to setup a Business Solutions Office in their native country Guyana.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The Driver Manager develops and maintains supportive relations with drivers inclusive of addressing driver communications and providing required data to drivers. Additionally, he/she would collaborate with other departments to solve the daily problems faced by the driver.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Serves as the primary performance coach of the drivers. In charge of ensuring the drivers are meeting their KPIs that will in turn impact the Trucking Division over-all. Ensure all documentations are processed using the Drivers’ SOP as the main evidence of Drivers’ issues or violations.
• Resolve all Driver issues (including payments, schedules, vacation etc.)
• Ensure there is full app usage from Drivers. Coach drivers in default to encourage app utilization.
• Maximize equipment utilization and driver pay.
• Working directly with drivers to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability.
• Responsible for all communications with the driver (email, text and voice).
• Works as the mediator with the driver and all support departments (coordinating as necessary through limited driver transferal).
• Responsible for driver satisfaction and driver retention (driver’s advocate), without business sacrifice.
• Ensure all drivers are meeting the standards set by client and management.
• Responsible in coaching the driver in compliance to all safety regulations and company rules.
• Validate all Employee and Equipment reports.
• Provide feedback to internal and external clients that can enhance performance or profitability of both entities.
• Responsible in reporting drivers’ and trucks utilization (daily), drivers’ master list, Samba and TCN etc.
• Responsible in acquiring the confirmation of each drivers pertaining to their trips for the upcoming week.
• Will serve as main support with Recruitment Team in conducting interviews during the screening process.
• Main POC with the standard reports in Operations (Driver’s Scorecards, On-Time Tracker, Commitment Letters, Truck and Driver’s Utilization Report, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Diploma preferred
- 6 successful passes or more at CSEC or equivalent
- Excellent computer and administrative skills.
- A strong work ethic.