- Hadfield St, Georgetown, Guyana
An outsourcing company dedicated to supplying all of the needs of trucking companies around the globe through the use of experienced support personnel and technology.
Express International started back in 2013 to expand the interests of parent company Express Trucking and Courier Inc. It functions as the first class logistical and transportation services provider to US trucking companies (target market).
In 2004, Express' president decided to purchase one small delivery van, having gained years of experience working for another company in the industry.
Through his vision, hard work and tireless efforts to build a strong network, the company's fleet grew, and other avenues of business were opened up. By the time Express International was established in 2013, the foundation had been set for expansion and consolidation of all processes related to the trucking industry.
As demand increased, the fleet was expanded from courier vans into tractors, then day cab and sleeper trucks to cover more lanes across the East Coast. A dispatch office and truck lot followed suit, and expansion continued steadily as more drivers, lanes and customers continued to come on board.
The Driver Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment of company drivers, owner-operators, experienced fleet owners, lease purchase drivers, and rehires.
- Explore creative methods of sourcing quality candidates
- Conduct telephone and or personal interviews daily with prospective candidates.
- Complete background checks including personal records, MVR, and DAC reports.
- Review and process applications of prospective hire and determine if the applicant is qualified.
- Complete pre-hire files and paperwork on applicants.
- Maintain complete files on non-hired contractors, as appropriate.
- Track calls generated from all forms of advertising.
- Explain the company’s operating policy and safety standards and work with drivers or applicants who present issues.
- Set up and manage travel arrangements for new hires.
- Maintain standards as outlined by Express Group of Companies policy and standards in regards to the hiring of drivers
• Sales Experience
• 1-2 years’ customers service experience
• 1-2 years Supervisory or Managerial experience
• 1-2 years’ recruitment experience
• 2 years Diploma or bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of previous ads platform