- Employee Status: Regular
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Job Posting - Salary Range: $93,065 - $161,312
- Department: Legal & Compliance
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
Experian’s Compliance team is looking for a Compliance Advisor to support the Compliance Management Program and provide day-to-day guidance for one or more of our North America businesses. The ideal candidate is a seasoned compliance professional with experience providing consumer compliance guidance to business units and performing compliance risk management activities.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
- Providing day-to-day guidance to one or more businesses on their consumer compliance risks, regulatory requirements and mitigating controls.
- Performing compliance risk assessments, compliance policy and training content reviews.
- Documenting key regulatory requirements and ensuring business units have documented controls that align with key regulatory requirements.
- Manage regulatory changes including assessing impacts and monitoring business unit’s remediation efforts.
- Assess consumer compliance risks and mitigating controls for new or enhanced product and service offerings.
- Review and provide risk related feedback on disclosures, marketing collateral, business policies/procedures and other compliance related content.
- Work with a variety of cross-functional teams (i.e., legal, risk, business units) to ensure compliance with consumer compliance laws, regulations, and policies.
- Maintain strong and contemporary knowledge of key U.S. consumer protection, privacy and banking laws and regulations, and the latest interpretations.
- Drive and/or support Compliance team projects, initiatives and process improvements as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a consumer compliance role providing subject matter guidance and oversight to one or more business units and its financial products and services. Preferably in banking and/or at a financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. consumer protection and privacy laws and regulations including FCRA, GLBA and UDAAP. Preferably, compliance certifications (i.e., CRCM, CIPP, CAMS) and/or knowledge of banking laws and regulations such as BSA/AML, TISA and Regulation E.
- Demonstrated ability to perform key compliance risk management activities including managing regulatory changes and compliance risk assessments.
- Effective communication and influence skills with multiple levels across business units, legal, risk and internal audit.
- Experience using Governance, Risk and Compliance systems and/or RSA Archer platform a plus.
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a competitive bonus
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!