Director of Threat Intelligence - 100% US REMOTE ONLY
- Employee Status: Regular
- Role Type: Home
- Job Posting - Salary Range: $141,540 - $254,771
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
About us, but we’ll be brief
We are very proud that FORTUNE named us one of The 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian's Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) is designed to leverage the best technology with our highly trained experts to detect and investigate cybersecurity, insider, and physical threats around the world. The CFC is seeking a Director of Threat Intelligence to lead global efforts that promote timely and actionable intelligence. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a world-class organization and lead a team of highly skilled and innovative people to stay ahead of adversaries. The team focuses on defending against emerging threats, supporting investigations, and delivering situational awareness to the business.
- Lead a global threat intelligence team including operations, services, products, and capabilities.
- Ensure CFC’s threat intelligence is timely, actionable, and maintains situational awareness.
- Oversee processes and procedures for information collection, analysis, and dissemination.
- Support incident management activities and defensive coordination against emerging threats and critical vulnerabilities.
- Support and produce threat intelligence analysis and research for various audiences, to include executive level deliverables.
- Manage threat intelligence platforms and technologies.
- Monitor external threat environment, vulnerabilities, and threat actors.
- Enable tactical, operational, and strategic activities for maintaining a strong security posture.
- Partner with business units and key stakeholders around the globe to deliver intelligence products and services.
- Coordinate and collaborate with industry partners, external agencies, and law enforcement.
- Develop, track and report threat intelligence metrics and KPI’s to senior leadership.
- Drive use cases to enable threat detection and hunting based on threat intelligence frameworks (e.g., MITRE).
- Manage global presentations on CFC activities and threat intelligence.
- 7-10+ years of threat intelligence/info security experience
- 5+ years of experience leading/supervising in a cyber focused threat intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Cybersecurity, or related discipline and/or equivalent relevant work experience required. (Masters in computer science, Information Security, Criminal Justice, or a related field preferred)
- Strong understanding of the incident response process, and ability to identify areas of relevance for intelligence collection and/or application.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be able brief to various audiences and convey highly technical information in a clear, concise, and easy to understand manner.
- Expertise mentoring employees on how to spot anomalies and patterns, conduct link analysis, and draw relevance to the enterprise.
- Fluent with the Cyber Kill Chain Model, Diamond Model, Course of Action Matrix, and/or MITRE ATT&CK Matrix, and consistently uses the methodologies/frameworks during intelligence gathering and analysis activities.
- Expert knowledge of common tactics used by attackers and methods for detection Demonstrated ability to perform independent analysis of complex problems and distill relevant findings and root causes.
- A broad and deep understanding of cyber-security threats, vulnerabilities, controls, and remediation strategies in global enterprise environments.
- Knowledge of technologies, systems, and networks as well as typical gaps that could impact the ability of an organization to effectively detect and respond to cyber-attacks.
- Currently maintaining one or more professional certifications related to Threat Intelligence, Incident Management, or Cyber Security (e.g., CISM, GCTI, GCIH, CISSP, SANS or other relevant certs) is strongly preferred.
- High-energy and positive attitude.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- Good sense of judgement, rationale, and urgency required.
- Respects time and manages it proactively.
- Written/spoken English proficiency.
- Ability to make good decisions under high stress situations.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to communicate highly complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a clear, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Ability to effectively influence others.
- Team-focused mentality with proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
Please contact us at [email protected] to request the salary range of this position (please include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including 12 company paid holidays and parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!