Information Security Training & Awareness Specialist Senior
- Employee Status: Regular
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Job Posting - Salary Range: $83,093 - $144,028
- Department: Legal & Compliance
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For five years in a row, we have been named in the Top 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine. Fueled by best-in-class data and innovative technology we help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions and create a better tomorrow.
Help keep Experian, our clients and consumers secure by joining Experian’s Information Security Training and Awareness team. You will support our behavioral change program that works to embed a security first culture for over 30,000 staff globally. As part of the team, you will work to reduce security risk by ensuring all employees, staff and contractors know, understand, and follow security requirements and behave in a secure manner.
The Training and Awareness Specialist will be responsible for planning creative training opportunities and internal awareness campaigns to ensure that our people are aware of the security requirements that apply to their role.
If you are someone with a passion to make a difference in the world, this role might be the opportunity you are looking for. One of the most critical elements of our company’s security portfolio is our people. We teach our people the skills they need to be secure at work and at home. You will use your creative skills to develop content and programs that will enable our people to perform their jobs securely.
- Use strong copywriting skills, audience segmentation, and the ability to understand technical information, to help develop and execute comprehensive plans to engage our people and give them the skills they need to further our security first mindset.
- Tell engaging stories through content. Find and tell stories that appeal to our audiences and help illustrate the importance of our security mindset. Push creative boundaries.
- Conceptualize new content and awareness campaigns that will move the needle on security objectives based on an understanding of the current security requirements, standards, past security performance, reporting and the target audience. Content to include videos, articles, intranet pages, and internal social media campaigns.
- Develop training plans, computer-based courses and other content to support the needs of the organization. Create user stories and training assessments to help those determine needs.
- Organize and manage virtual events, pre-recorded videos and podcasts so that we are engaging our people over a variety of media channels.
- Collaborate with internal communications, training development teams and creative teams across the organization to create collateral and execute campaigns.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the broader security and risk organizations to prioritize awareness efforts and to develop content.
- Works with other Experian groups (HR, Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, etc.) to ensure that the program is consistent with Experian’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that Experian’s security training and awareness program meets all industry regulations, standards, and compliance requirements.
We're looking for a passionate, collaborative individual with exceptional writing, editing, creative and communications skills who can understand and translate technical concepts.
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or technical communications.
- 5+ years in content creation or training development for technical organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and design skills with demonstrable competence and experience in clearly explaining complex information security concepts and technologies for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in creating impactful content (emails, social posts, articles, presentations, online training, webinars), taking complex information and translating it into compelling content.
- Experience with various content distribution channels and content management platforms.
- Experience hosting virtual events and managing video projects.
- Experience with the process of eLearning design and development.
- Ability to uses course development tools (such as Articulate) and administer courses through a Learning Management System.
- Analytical & creative when it comes to turning data-driven insights into powerful, targeted campaigns.
- Acts like an owner; has a general “get stuff done” mentality.
- Ability to influence executive partners in a fast-moving organization.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with ability to work under tight deadline pressures.
While the following is not required to be successful in the position, it is a plus if you have it.
- Understanding of or experience within a cybersecurity organization.
- Knowledge of information security best practices and awareness topics.
- Knowledge of security standards / frameworks, i.e., ISO 27001, CMM, NIST, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact... the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!