1st Line Risk Manager DACH (all genders)
- Employee Status: Regular
- Role Type: Home
- Department: Legal & Compliance
- Schedule: Full Time
Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 30. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 21k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow. To do this we employ the brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Together we are #UniquelyExperian
Experian is seeking an exceptional 1st Line Risk Manager DACH (all genders) to join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in maintaining our first line of defense. As an integral part of our organization, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing, managing, and reporting risks while strengthening the control environment and monitoring compliance with internal policies and regulations. If you have a passion for problem-solving, a customer-centric mindset, and a strong desire to drive change, we invite you to become a part of our collaborative and innovative team.
- Proactively identify, escalate, and assess risks in your area of business: As a 1st Line Risk Manager DACH (all genders), you will take the initiative to recognize potential threats and vulnerabilities, evaluate their impact, and prioritize them for resolution or mitigation.
- Develop, execute, and monitor controls to manage and mitigate risks: You will design and implement appropriate controls to reduce risk exposure and monitor their effectiveness, making adjustments as necessary to ensure optimal risk management.
- Identify and remediate issues, including those raised by the second and third lines of defense: You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify issues that need resolution, establish corrective actions, and ensure timely completion.
- Manage events, ascertain root causes, and recover losses in a timely manner: In the event of a risk materializing, you will take swift action to limit its impact, investigate its root cause, and implement measures to prevent future occurrences.
- Report risk exposures to relevant governance forums: You will communicate risk-related information and insights to key decision-makers, ensuring transparency and promoting informed decision-making.
- Develop and monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and other metrics to track risk: By establishing and tracking performance indicators, you will help the organization maintain a clear understanding of its risk profile and make data-driven decisions.
- Perform horizon scanning to identify potential threats, risks, and emerging issues, escalating as appropriate: Staying abreast of industry trends and emerging risks, you will alert the organization to new threats and opportunities, enabling proactive risk management.
- Relevant degree and advanced diplomas in Business, Commerce, Management Studies, Risk Management, and/or Audit: Your educational background will provide you with the necessary foundation for understanding complex business environments and risk management concepts.
- 8-10 years of experience in Financial Services/Data Management: Your extensive experience in these industries will give you a deep understanding of the unique risks and challenges they face.
- 6 years' experience in a risk and/or audit environment: Your background in risk or audit roles will equip you with a solid understanding of risk management principles and best practices.
- 4 years managerial/leadership experience: Your proven leadership capabilities will enable you to effectively guide and manage teams, fostering collaboration and driving performance.
- Good understanding of IT and Operations (back office) operations and processes: Familiarity with these areas will help you identify and address risks specific to IT and operational processes.
More about you
- Strong collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills: Your ability to work well with others, persuade stakeholders, and devise creative solutions will be key to your success as a Risk Manager.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral: Clear and concise communication will ensure that your ideas and insights are effectively conveyed to others, enabling collaboration and informed decision-making.
- Strategic capability with a focus on innovation and improvement: Your forward-thinking mindset and commitment to continuous improvement will contribute to the organization's long-term success.
- Comprehensive understanding of various risk types and their interrelations: Your expertise in different risk categories will enable you to develop holistic risk management strategies that consider the full range of potential threats.
- Ability to operate within a complex matrix structure and maintain customer focus: Navigating complex organizational structures while keeping customer needs at the forefront will be critical to your effectiveness as a Risk Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for a customer-focused culture and management of customer experiences: Your familiarity with customer-centric approaches will help you identify and mitigate risks that could negatively impact customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines: Your resilience and adaptability will enable you to manage competing priorities and deliver results even under challenging circumstances.
- Passion for developing talent and fostering personal growth in others: Your commitment to nurturing the potential of your team members will contribute to a supportive and high-performing work environment, ultimately driving success for the organization.
As a 1st Line Risk Manager DACH (all genders) at Experian, your diverse skillset and experience will have a profound impact on the organization. By proactively identifying and managing risks, developing and implementing effective controls, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement, you will play a critical role in safeguarding our reputation and ensuring the success of our business operations.
Your expertise in various risk types, coupled with your strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills, will enable you to effectively navigate complex situations and contribute to informed decision-making. Your passion for developing talent and fostering personal growth in others will create a positive and high-performing work environment, driving success for the organization and its stakeholders.
Our uniqueness is that we truly celebrate yours
Experian's culture and people are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; DEI, work/life balance, development, authenticity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first approach. If you’re excited about this role and the thought of being part of our Experian family but feel your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the role overview we’d still love to hear from you and explore things further.
Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and practices, and our diverse workforce drives our success. Everyone can succeed at Experian and bring their whole self to work, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, physical ability or age. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at the earliest opportunity.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here