Internal Audit Manager - Banking (US Remote)
- Employee Status: Regular
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Job Posting - Salary Range: $107,024 - $192,644
- Department: Legal & Compliance
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Would you like to grow your career by working for a dynamic technology and data organization that is a leading technology organization developing innovative products for the B2B and Consumer marketplaces? How about a company that empowers consumers and clients to manage their data with confidence? Would you be interested in working for a company Forbes magazine named one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies”? What about gaining experience at an organization that has a global presence with over 21,000 employees in thirty countries supporting clients in more than 80 countries? What about working for a company who was recognized as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2023 by Fortune for the fourth consecutive year. If any of those facts get you excited, Experian’s Global Internal Audit (GIA) team may be a good fit for you.
More specifically, Experian seeks an energetic and motivated professional with consumer banking audit experience who has a passion for data and technology to join a dynamic internal audit team that believes collaboration, flexibility, natural curiosity, and attention to detail are keys to success. GIA partners with business functions to identify areas of risk, share valuable insight and recommendations on processes and controls and influence change to better mitigate business risks.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the planning, scoping and execution of audits aligned with professional audit standards.
- Effectively communicate audit results to management.
- Proactively follow-up, track and validate identified audit observations. Evaluate agreed upon action plans for effective risk mitigation.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with business partners by learning and understanding the business to provide valuable services, establishing credibility as a management consultant and internal controls resource, and ensuring business partner satisfaction.
- Support the risk assessment process for the development of the audit plan.
- Provide risk, control, and governance consultancy to business management on strategic initiatives.
- Support GIA initiatives focused on continuous improvement of internal processes.
- Support audit efforts relating to areas such as complaints, third parties, marketing, and issue resolution.
What your background looks like:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent (e.g., Accounting, Information Systems, Finance, Business, or related).
- 7+ years of internal audit experience within a regulated fintech or consumer facing financial services environment with a combination of industry and consulting experience.
- Risk and controls background in banking or consumer banking products; substantial experience performing Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Experience in bank and/or fintech operations, compliance, or regulatory examination; experience with dealing with banking regulators; working knowledge of Federal and State banking regulations.
- Strong understanding of operations and compliance practices within financial services businesses.
- Strong understanding of consumer compliance regulations including TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, FDCPA, FCRA, SRA, MLA, Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Privacy of Consumer Financial Information (Regulation P), and Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (Regulation GG).
- Ability to identify and assess financial, operational, and information technology risks resulting in the development of an effective audit program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams; Strong communicator who is adept at building relationships with internal partners across operations, product, marketing, customer success, and risk.
- Effective project management skills
- One professional certification (e.g., CAMS, CFCS, CPA, CFA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CGEIT, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) standards
- Data analytics experience (e.g., SQL, SAS, CAATs, IDEA, ACL, Monarch, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Critical thinker, high energy and intellectually curious
- Experience in SaaS, Financial Services, emerging technologies, or payments
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand automated processes in a digital platform and the underlying technology.
- Working experience at a company that requires a strong understanding of a modern tech stack and shared infrastructure (fintech)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here