Controller (all genders)
- Employee Status: Regular
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Department: Finance
- Schedule: Full Time
Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 30. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 21k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow. To do this we employ the brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Together we are #UniquelyExperian
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey and make a lasting impact on the world of data and information services? Experian is searching for a motivated and experienced Controller (all genders) to join our exceptional team. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of an innovative, globally recognized company that is committed to transforming lives and creating opportunities. If you are passionate about driving financial excellence and have a strong analytical mindset, we invite you to take the leap with us and contribute to our mission of creating a better tomorrow.
- Assume commercial responsibility for one or more units, driving financial success and strategic alignment.
- Conceptualize and optimize controlling instruments, both technically and content-wise, to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement the budgeting process, ensuring accurate and timely preparation of regular forecasts to support informed decision-making.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with HGB and IFRS, ensuring compliance and transparency.
- Conduct profitability calculations to identify opportunities for improvement and support strategic planning.
- Act as the primary commercial contact for business units and cross-sectional functions, fostering collaboration and information-sharing.
- Guarantee data integrity and completeness for operational and financial key figures, maintaining high standards for data quality.
- Engage in projects and special assignments, showcasing your adaptability and problem-solving skills in various contexts.
- A successful degree in the field of economics, demonstrating a strong foundation in finance and business.
- Proven professional experience (at least 3 years) in the role of a controller, showcasing your financial expertise and ability to drive results.
- Proficiency in SAP-R/3 and MS Office, with experience in Oracle systems being a significant advantage.
- A team player mentality, complemented by an analytical and solution-oriented working style that contributes to our collaborative culture.
- A deep understanding of financial processes and exceptional analytical thinking skills to support data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with the ability to work under pressure and assertiveness in challenging situations.
- Independence and willingness to work, demonstrating a confident and customer-oriented demeanor.
- Fluency in both German and business English, allowing for seamless communication with our diverse global teams.
More About You
We believe that the ideal candidate for the Controller (all genders) position possesses a unique blend of key characteristics and personality traits that will enable them to thrive in their role and contribute to Experian's ongoing success. In particular, we are looking for someone with:
- An analytical mindset and attention to detail: You have the ability to analyze complex financial data and draw meaningful conclusions, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and completeness in all your work.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: Your excellent communication skills allow you to convey complex financial information effectively to various stakeholders within the organization, fostering a collaborative environment that encourages teamwork and information sharing.
- Strategic thinking and adaptability: You possess a strategic mindset, understanding the big picture and considering long-term implications of financial decisions. You are also adaptable, embracing new technologies, systems, and processes to keep up with the evolving business landscape.
In addition to these three key characteristics, we value candidates with problem-solving skills, ethical behavior, and excellent time management and organization skills. If you believe that you possess these qualities and are excited about joining our #UniquelyExperian family, we'd love to hear from you and explore the potential for a bright future together.
Our uniqueness is that we truly celebrate yours
Experian's culture and people are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; DEI, work/life balance, development, authenticity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first approach. If you’re excited about this role and the thought of being part of our Experian family but feel your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the role overview we’d still love to hear from you and explore things further.
Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and practices, and our diverse workforce drives our success. Everyone can succeed at Experian and bring their whole self to work, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, physical ability or age. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at the earliest opportunity.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here