- Department: Human Resources
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people, and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity.
We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years, we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
What you’ll be doing.
1. Needs analysis
· Work cross-functionally and with global subject matter experts to understand learning requirements and learning objectives for the MCE team.
· Collaborate with other Learning & Development team members, business leaders and additional team members in assessing content needs to ensure employees have an outstanding learning experience, both in a virtual instructor lead space and a self-paced environment.
2. Instructional design
· Create supporting resources including launch communications, videos, case studies, activity sheets, assessments, learner and facilitator guides, agendas and other assets that make up a blended learning strategy.
· Participate in design meetings with Business leadership, subject matter experts and marketing communications resources to conceptualize training look/feel, standards, templates and content development formats.
· Recommend cutting edge learning solutions to modernize training offerings and better engage Experian’s next generation of MCE agents
3. Instructional development
· Develop learning solutions that engage adult learners using the most efficient delivery methods including gamification, blended learning, bite-sized learning, and other strategies for an audience of agents located around the world.
· Lead the end-to-end process of creating new eLearning, VILT and Instructor-Led content.
· Continually scan, analyze, and leverage the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technology to elevate the learning experience and impact.
4. Report Analysis
· Provide completion reports to senior management as needed.
· Participate in sharing and documenting learning technology infrastructure requirements: LMS, registration, and testing.
· 5+ years instructional content development experience, creating blended learning solutions; variations of Instructional Lead Training (ILT) and eLearning.
· Ability to apply concepts of adult learning theory.
· Experience with ADDIE/AGILE/SCORM training.
· Blended training experience such as (ILT, Virtual Training, graphics, audio, video demonstrations, and simulations, gamification).
· Training content for scale; bigger audiences and multiple locations.
· Learning Management Systems (LMS).
· Learning and/or design software tools (Photoshop, Articulate Storyline, Final Cut pro, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.)
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, demanding environment and to deliver on time results
· Strong communication project and program management, time-management skills, and judgment
· Desire to learn, creative mindset, and high learning agility. Proactive, results-driven, team player within the Global team.
· Work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team on a shared deliverable
· Proven portfolio showcasing instructional design for a corporate team (ex: onboarding, training methodologies and leadership development program design)
· Graphic design experience and talent is desirable.
· Advanced skills with either Articulate Storyline, Evolve or Adobe Captivate
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
· Intermediate skills with video recording software such as QuickTime, Camtasia
· Worked in a global company with stakeholders and/or audiences located in a variety of places
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree related field (adult learning or learning design/development)
· Deep understanding of a contact center learner to create relevant and engaging content
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
Please contact us at [email protected] to request the salary range of this position (please include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including 12 company paid holidays and parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together