Director of Application Support
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
As a leader in consumer data and identity-based marketing solutions, Experian Marketing Services is improving the business and consumer experience by offering a complete identity solution. We’re doing so through a clearer view across the digital customer buying journey and with strong acquisitions of leading AdTech and MarTech providers with the most recent being Tapad, a leading digital identity resolution provider.
This role can be worked remotely anywhere within the US. The Director of Engineering (Application Support) will focus on developing support processes and operations for a growing ecosystem of applications, including legacy products and acquisitions.
- Oversee the support of Software solutions in on-prem and cloud Environment
- Partner with product management, leadership & customer teams to build operational processes, establish communication channels and templates
- Understand application performance metrics and service level agreements to guide team to set up monitoring & alerts capabilities
- Work with Experian Global operations center to build run books for level 1/1.5 support, establish escalation procedure, build communication protocols
- Assess team capacity, establish on call rotation schedule to ensure 24x7 support
- Coach and train engineers how to troubleshoot and resolve with least amount of time, build knowledge base guides
- Communicate issues and incidents clearly with leadership and clients, communicate timelines and root cause analysis information
- Aid communication between your direct reports and the wider organization, help them to work with members of different product development teams
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations, and provide support to teams balancing various priorities
- Assess existing Legacy solutions and identify opportunities for automation and upgrading technology platform
- Build your engineering team and contribute to a culture of technical and operational excellence
- Build career paths and coach engineers with their development plan, conducting 1 on 1 sessions & performance reviews
- Review processes, including Agile practices, and find ways to improve efficiency, promote Agile practices within organization
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts on teams and projects. Foresee shortcomings ahead of time and be able to drive to resolution
- Negotiate software renewals or vendor engagement when applicable
- Recommend, evaluate, and implement methods to improve and enhance the application to maximize performance and minimize costs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of people management experience leading engineers
- 5+ years of application support experience
- 3+ years of technical call center interactions
- Hands-on experience with good coding skills
- Knowledge of Multiple Programming Languages not limited to: Java Spring framework, containerization, microservices, APIGEE, Scala, SQL, C++, DB2, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of various data formats such as JSON, Parquet and Avro
- Knowledge of various monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, ThousandEyes, Splunk
- Knowledge of cloud architecture (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Understand the concepts behind distributed databases, both real time and batch processing systems
- Reliable, focused on quality delivery of work products; willing to accept responsibility and accountability
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and relational skills
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on
We’re an award-winning organization due to our strong people focus
Experian isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, design thinking and passion to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
Please contact us at [email protected] to request the salary range of this position (please include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including 12 company paid holidays and parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together