Senior Software Developer
- Department: Product Development
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
As the world’s leading repository of consumer credit data, Experian is transforming data into solutions that facilitate transactions, ensure financial safety and improve the financial lives of millions of consumers around the world. We have been named by Forbes magazine as one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies" and ranked on Fortune’s Best Companies to work for.
What you’ll be doing
As a Software Developer II, you will play a critical role in developing and supporting high impact business-unit wide batch delivery software applications, with an understanding of systems integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting. You will leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution while assuring security, compliance, and quality requirements are met for supported areas. We are looking for someone that is flexible and thrives in an evolving environment who can adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Actively interface with other teams to gather requirements, design, code, debug, document, implement solutions using cloud tools.
- Analyzes program performance during execution while using various programming languages and techniques.
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
- Assesses the health and performance of software applications and databases.
- Provide support of applications in the production environment, as needed.
What your background looks like
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in software design and development
- Successful proven track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Knowledge of multiple programming technologies, including Web development experience, high level of proficiency with the Microsoft stack of development tools
- .NET Framework, .Net Core, .Net 6, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, REST API, SQL Server, Entity Framework, Azure
- Experience with AWS services like S3 Buckets, Lambdas, API Gateway, SQS and more
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running in AWS
- Experience working within an Agile development framework
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leveraging CloudFormation to provision AWS infrastructure as code
- Deployment experience using common AWS technologies like VPC, EC2, EMR, Docker and more
- Experience with application security design utilizing single sign-on and role-based schemes
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Our benefits include: Medical, life and dental insurance, Asociacion Solidarista, International Share Save Plan, Flex Work/Work from home, Paid time off, Annual Performance Bonus, Education Reimbursement, Family Bonding, Bereavement Leave, Referral Program, and more.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.