Senior Enterprise Architect
- 701 Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian Marketing Services' mission is to accelerate client success through enabling ecosystems, partnerships, and marketing technology solutions. We help brands put people at the heart of their business and have meaningful interactions with their customers.
Experian is seeking a Senior Architect to build, modernize and maintain solutions both on-premises and on cloud (AWS/GCP/OCI). If you have a solid knowledge of these concepts with strong development experience, this will be a perfect opportunity to showcase your expertise in application design and architecture with a focus on assessing business problems, system requirements, and the external system design while gathering development estimates, identify physical design alternatives that satisfy the system purpose while presenting pros and cons for each solution. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and build next generation applications and data processing platforms in support of Experian’s targeted digital advertising business. This position is responsible for all phases of the program life cycle.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
As a leader in consumer data and identity-based marketing solutions, Experian Marketing Services is improving the business and consumer experience by offering a complete identity solution. We’re doing so through a clearer view across the digital customer buying journey and with strong acquisitions of leading AdTech and MarTech providers with the most recent being Tapad, a leading digital identity resolution provider.
As a Senior Architect, you must have experience designing applications and services in a hybrid cloud/on-prem environment and have experience implementing both batch and real-time data solutions. The Architect will be responsible for projects being developed for retail customers & will be responsible for migrating Mainframe applications to Cloud (AWS/GCP/OCI). The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts on teams and projects. Foresee shortcomings ahead of time and be able to drive to resolution.
- The Architect will serve as technical thought leader and SME for our Public Cloud ecosystem of Partners, customers, and service providers.
- Work as part of the consulting team to support the design and implementation of the cloud solution. Develop Proof of Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- The Architect recommends, evaluates, and implements methods to optimize and enhance the application with the cloud environment to maximize performance and minimize costs. This will be an excellent opportunity to augment your current skills as well as learn new technologies while developing and implementing solutions.
- Develops and maintains technical roadmaps, design diagrams, application Arch diagrams, and innovation plans.
- Develops infrastructure designs that optimize the potential for application refactoring and re-platforming.
- Creates and presents technical roadmaps, solution designs, options, ideas, and innovations to the leadership.
- Work with Product Owner to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross functional teams to architect, design, develop, test and release features
- Work on highly scalable applications on-prem/cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP/OCI)
- Work on Multiple Programming Languages not limited to: Java Spring framework, containerization, microservices, APIGEE, Scala, SQL, C++ programming in a Windows/Linux environment, IBM Mainframe, CICS / COBOL and associated test/development tools, JCL, DB2 for Z/OS, TSO/ISPF, SQL, VSAM, Assembler, synsort, pdm, throughput manager, and APPC.
- Use various data formats such as JSON, Parquet and Avro.
- Experience with messaging like Kafka, IBM MQ, Apache MQ preferred
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experienced architect and engineer with hands on and good coding skills, preferably with C/C++, Java, Python
- Knowledge and experience with Containerized Micro Services
- 7+ Years of IT experience including experience with mainframe, mainframe applications
- 3+ years of GCP Experience preferably in consulting/architecture role
- Hands on Experience implementing GCP core services around Compute, Storage, Networking, Databases, Containers, DataProc, BigQuery, BigTable, HBase, Cloud Composer, DataPrep, DataPlex, Alloy DB, GKE, Cloud Run, Containers & Serverless Runtime, CloudSQL, MapReduce, GCE (Google Compute Engine), Redis Cache, Cloud DataFlow, GCS (Google Cloud Storage)
- Knowledge of legacy technologies such as IBM Mainframe, CICS / COBOL and associated test/development tools, JCL, DB2 for Z/OS, TSO/ISPF, SQL, VSAM, Assembler, synsort, pdm, throughput manager, APPC, C/C++
- Knowledge of Athena and various data formats like Parquet, CSV, etc. is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase and other NoSQL and Big Data Technologies
- Familiarity with concurrency model and multi-threading is desirable.
- Understands the concepts behind distributed databases, and both streaming and batch processing systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to work across multiple priorities and projects without supervision
- Great attention to details with analytical/curious mind and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with IAC tools such as Terraform.
- Experience Migrating legacy applications to GCP
- Experience using and managing deployment via services such as bitbucket, ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Hands-on experience in programming with java or python
- Knowledge of modern cloud-native application design principles, DevSecOps, IAC, CICD Pipelines, microservices, Containers, etc.
- Experience delivering services via agile methodologies
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people, and environments are key differentiators. We take our people's agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible work, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, rewards & recognitions, volunteering... the list goes on!
Experian Marketing Service’s mission is to accelerate client success through enabling ecosystems, partnerships, and technology solutions. We help brands put people at the heart of their business and have meaningful interactions with their customers.
Founded in 2010, Tapad cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology, creating not only the first but the most robust global cross-device digital identity graph on the market. Ten years later, The Tapad Graph enables marketers to maximize their digital marketing investment for years to come. In November 2020, Experian acquired Tapad, which furthers Experian’s strong commitment to digital identity, activation and connected TV. As a leading provider of consumer data analytics and targeting solutions, Experian Marketing Services has a rapidly growing need to continue expanding our strategy on identity data and services to meet market demand.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together