Sr. Product Designer II, Design Systems (remote) - Experian Consumer Services
- 1501 S MoPac Expy, Austin, TX 78746, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product Management
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Sr. Product Designer II, Design Systems
Experian Partner Solutions (EPS) is a passionate and innovative team on a mission to bring Financial Power to All™; we support a portfolio of consumer-facing (B2B2C) and partner-facing (B2B) products, and we are looking for a Lead Product Designer, Design Systems to join us.
The Product Design and UX Team at EPS is a group of talented, multidisciplinary experts that craft innovative and pleasing user-centered experiences; we are responsible for creating and optimizing Experian’s partner-facing portal and products, and our white-labeled financial wellness, credit education, and identity protection products.
What you’ll be doing
As a Sr. Product Designer II, you will drive the effort to build and maintain design systems that will support our partner facing products (B2B), as well as our end-user facing products (B2B2C) across our portfolio of responsive web and native applications. You will work closely with other Product Design and UX team members, as well as leaders across the organization to aid in the definition of strategy, operations, and communications to guide the team in building best-in-class product experiences. You will maintain a complete systems life-cycle focus with a strong emphasis on elevating our visual design aesthetic; the ideal candidate should not only be a subject matter expert but also an industry thought leader with a strong and well-articulated product design perspective.
- Support Product Design leadership in driving the vision and strategy for the organization to deliver world-class user experiences while helping to drive performance that includes continuous improvement in business and customer experience metrics
- Guide successfully against large-scale, complex design initiatives
- Establish and update product design processes and mentor junior designers
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and the broader product team to continually raise the bar for design quality
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other business stakeholders on product requirements
- Lead the effort to deliver artifacts and specifications in the form of user journeys, storyboards, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, visual design, and prototypes based on iterative user research and usability testing
- Design solutions designed to scale and grow over time
- Partner with UXR to guide concept and usability testing efforts through prototyping to ensure user needs and business outcomes drive all projects. Understand qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals, and requirements, and translate them into functional and visually compelling designs
- Lead the progression of the EPS visual design aesthetic, and further develop design systems by establishing an evolution timeline, auditing current design systems, establishing new rules of governance, and creating new principles to guide its evolution
- Represent the product design organization in discussions with engineering, relative to the design systems evolution
- Act as the design systems steward to raise awareness and better enable its adoption and evolution across the organization
What your background looks like
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating your ability to build, manage, and contribute to design systems.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in product design across user experience design, interaction design, and visual design
- BA/BS degree in User Experience Design, Visual Experience Design, Visual Communications Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a product organization, driving products from conception and ideation through launch and beyond over multiple releases (doing so in a B2B2C model is a plus)
- Experience mentoring junior designers
- Strong cross-disciplinary team player who can influence and work collaboratively with all team members to implement best practices and build best-in-class experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Expert in Agile product development process (Scrum & Kanban)
- Expert with project management software (Jira, Wrike, Asana, etc.)
- Expert with prototyping in Figma as well as modern software development processes and concepts as they relate to user experience design and visual experience design
- CRM and CMS experience a plus (Salesforce, Optimizely, etc.)
- Knowledge of native mobile app development standards across iOS and Android
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices; however, we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance. This position can be 100% remote.
- Accrue 4 weeks of vacation, five sick days, and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together