Sr. Software Engineer (remote), Experian Consumer Services
- 1501 S MoPac Expy, Austin, TX 78746, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Product Development
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services provides credit education and identity protection solutions to consumers and helps businesses manage the impact of a data breach. This group is divided into two divisions; the Direct-to-Consumer team provides these solutions directly to consumers while the Partner Solutions team empowers companies to provide these solutions to their consumers.
Whether it is directly through our websites or via one of our partners, our consumers now have access to valuable credit education and identity protection solutions that help them protect their personal information We are also the leader in Global Data Breach services, helping businesses for over 15 years.
Experian Partner Solutions (EPS) is looking for a Senior AWS/JAVA Software Engineer with strong Java and AWS technologies background to work with our new platform. EPS Engineers are hands-on coders as well as high-level designers and thinkers - they are responsible for developing a deep understanding of our existing platform and transforming into new technologies for maintainability in a high-activity environment, and for designing the integrations between various systems. Our new platform is getting created using various AWS technologies. Demonstrated experience in building highly scalable and performant services is a must.
What your background looks like:
- Require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Typically requires 7 years related experience.
- 7+ years of related experience building efficient, maintainable, robust, and scalable applications.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS technologies like micro services, Lambda, S3, Kinesis Data Streams, Gateways.
- 3+ years of experience with building XML/JSON REST APIs.
- 5+ years of experience with NoSQL, DynamoDB, MySQL.
- Must have experience with Application/Service security and authentication.
- Should be familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Experience with Spring Boot will be preferred.
- Strong advocate of disciplined software development.
- Proven ability to build unit tests and tracking code coverage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in configuration management using GIT, issue tracking, estimation, and Agile practices.
- Experience with shared development on/offshore.
- DevOps experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Gradle build process is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together