Sr. Security Engineer (WAF, IPS, F5)
- GA-401, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
The mission of the Security Engineering Edge Operations Team is to provide comprehensive edge security control service aimed at allowing zero negative cyber security impacts. We aim high! Our team encompasses over twenty highly motivated professionals around the globe. The team is comprised of subject matter experts in area of network perimeter security controls, including intrusion prevention systems, web gateways, web application firewalls, and F5 load balancers. Our goal is to provide effective, secure, optimized security solutions for our customers.
The Senior Security Engineer position is focused on leadership, support, daily operations, and customer service. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for executing the team's daily tasks and driving team objectives to completion. In addition, the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for initiating technical escalations and customer notifications. The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with incident response support activities. As a critical member of the Edge Operations Team, the Senior Security Engineer will work to enhance and improve the Edge Operations Team's support processes. The Senior Security Engineer is a leader and mentor to the Edge Operations Support Team's engineering staff. As a leader, the Senior Security Engineer will support the Engineering Team in resolving incident and request tickets. The Senior Security Engineer will proactively engage with the business units to ensure that all support gaps associated with Edge Operations controls are identified, added to a solution plan, and resolved. The Senior Security Engineer will frequently interact with business and technical stakeholders across the company on security related topics. Strong communication and soft skills are required to effectively represent the security goals of the Edge Operations Team.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to ensure that documented plans are in place for the following items (operational support, updates for control tools, weekly report for stakeholders on operational and control health metrics)
- Collaborate with the Lead Engineers to identify and resolve capability, security, and monitoring gaps that exist within Edge Security Control tool kit
- Assist/back up the Lead Engineers with infrastructure support and maintenance tasks
- Provide SME advice on security tool capabilities and configuration adjustments when needed to contain security incidents or block future security attacks
- Work with the engineers to continually evaluate security control performance and effectiveness to facilitate maximum uptime and minimize malfunctions
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager to ensure that the Engineering Team resolves support requests and incidents within defined SLOs. Also ensure that escalated items remain highly visible to stakeholders during the resolution process
- Establish and maintain communication channels with stakeholders and customers on operational support items
- Assist the Operations Manager with software and hardware inventory tasks. Ensure that inventory documentation is current and accessible on the designated share
- Act as a mentor to the Engineering Team, ensure that each engineer has an active training and development plan.
- In depth experience in Cloud WAF Technologies – Incapsula
- In depth experience in IDS/IPS Technologies - McAfee
- At least 5 years of experience in the Network and Information Security field
- At least 5 years of practical experience, (deployment, configuration, management, and support), working with various network and security control technologies.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting junior staff
- At least 3 years of in-depth experience with F5 LTM-VIPs, Pools, Monitors, iApps, iRules, SSLO
- At least 3 years of support experience with large scale Imperva SecureSphere WAF platforms
- Troubleshooting experience with F5-LTM, tcpdump, ssldump, Wireshark, and application troubleshooting
- Understand SSL/TLS protocols
- In depth understanding of SSL Certificates, keys, and PKI infrastructure
- Large scale IPS technology and application on-boarding is a plus
- Understand layer 2 and layer 3 technologies, specifically associated with intrusion prevention systems and web application firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform within a fast-paced high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage and report on complex technical details
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Ability to drive, develop, and motivate people to attain team goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISM, CCSP, or equivalent certification(s) preferred
- F5 certification(s) such as 101, 201, 301a, 301b preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together