Senior Data Modeling Analyst
- 3505 Lake Lynda Dr, Orlando, FL 32817, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Analytics
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
As the world’s leading repository of consumer credit data, Experian is transforming data into solutions that facilitate transactions, ensure financial safety and improve the financial lives of millions of consumers around the world. We have been named by Forbes magazine as one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies" and ranked on Fortune’s Best Companies to work for.
Experian's Analytics Data team is looking for a Senior Data Modeling Analyst to join the Fraud and Identity Solutions (FIS) Analytics team. This person would lead and execute analytical engagements and machine learning model developments for Experian clients, primarily involving fraud risk score analysis for account acquisition, applicant decisioning, and account management.
- Lead & execute analytical projects from solution design and data integrity evaluation through solution documentation and implementation.
- Create & implement machine learning models and business decision strategies and perform statistical analysis on new and existing models
- Communicate, explain, and deliver presentations to clients & end users on analytic and statistical results.
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to determine the appropriate requirements, analysis parameters, and performance measures
- Interpret results of analyses, identify trends and issues, and recommend alternatives to support business objectives.
- Produce implementation plans and participate in audits to support the implementation of statistical models and other decision tools.
- Support field sales force and marketing organization by providing analytical expertise.
- Support the development of new analytical and data products and services, and the enhancement of current processes and offerings.
- Minimum of 2 years of statistical modeling / data analysis industry experience including data manipulation experience preferably using Python
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Have the knowledge and experience to build robust predictive models and intimately know the statistical requirements and limitations of training and test data.
- Be able to perform statistical analysis in a Linux or cloud computing (e.g. AWS) environments and manipulate various modeling tools with python notebook, shell scripting, Linux command line, or SAS
- Expert analytical skills to evaluate, understand, and interpret data from both an internal and client perspective
- Use best coding practices and strong fluency in at least one programming language: SAS, Shell scripting, Python, C++, SQL, or other languages
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Microsoft office products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent problem solving, analytic, organization, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Financial services industry experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together