Sr. Data Scientist, Experian Consumer Services (remote)
- 475 Anton Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
About us, but we’ll be brief
We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the top 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services (ECS) – Careers That Define “What’s the Next Big (Data) Thing” for Consumers?
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a “disruptive” business? Consider taking your career to the next level by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the “disruptor” and market leader we pride ourselves on building new markets, leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position Experian Consumer Services (ECS) has enjoyed for more than a decade and we’re always looking for the talent that can help expand that lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with various departments (e.g. Product, Engineering, etc.) to frame problems, both mathematically and within the business context
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to bring models to production and support their ongoing operation and troubleshooting
- Debug, maintain, tune, and improve model behavior and performance with live data
- Oversee and facilitate the training of a range of Machine Learning models
- Evaluate the quality of the trained models, using existing and new measures
- Report on the current and historical state of our models’ performance, along with issues and progress
- Incident resolution: Low accuracy troubleshooting, mis-categorization issue analysis
- Maintenance and improvement of the existing model development pipeline
- Produce ad-hoc analysis/investigations on the modelling pipeline
- Document parts of the modeling/testing process
- Support development, enhancement, and maintenance of training datasets
- Regularly present on the value and infrastructure related to data products and assets
- Contribute to company’s data science strategy and platform for developing models and products
- Be a trusted advisor in your areas of expertise as they pertain to data science and engineering
What your background looks like
- 5+ years of overall data science experience.
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, physics, math, or another quantitative field
- Strong business acumen with ability to clearly articulate research goals and results to technical and business audiences
- Strong grasp of probability, statistical inference, optimization algorithms, linear algebra, and calculus.
- Understanding of how and when to apply different Machine Learning algorithms
- Ability to write production-level code in Python or other languages, as well as proficiency with SQL
- Strong grasp of Pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Scikit-Learn Python packages, as well as other analytics packages in Python, or Spark
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience or familiarity designing and running both simulated and live experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) to drive KPI improvement
- Experience or familiarity building supervised and unsupervised models using statistical or machine learning approaches
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, and to thrive in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- Measure and optimize products and business processes; to identify opportunities, assess risk potentials and explain trends; to drive audience and revenue growth
- Holistic and end to end approach to data, including querying, aggregation, deep analysis, visualization and models; communicate and present findings/actionable insights to audiences at varying levels of technical sophistication
- Assist in data requirements gathering and data validations to improve data platforms
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
- Efficiently manage his/her own project queue and develop streamlined workflows
Additional Preferred Experience
- Prior professional experience in the financial industry
- Ph.D. in economics, statistics, physics, math, or another quantitative field
- Ability to initiate and drive projects from ideation to implementation
- Prior professional experience building deep-learning models and familiarity with the popular frameworks (TensorFlow or PyTorch is a huge bonus)
- Experience with deep learning and other advanced modeling approaches to extract and automate insights from data
- Understanding of current trends in machine learning interpretability and transparency
- At least 2 years on the job experience with machine learning with text data, NLP (natural language processing) techniques, and sparse data
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 20%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together