Sr. Project Manager - eCommerce Web & Mobile, Experian Consumer Services (remote)
- 475 Anton Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Project Management
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
About us, but we’ll be brief
We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the top 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services – Careers That Define “What’s the Next Big (Data) Thing” for Consumers?
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a “disruptive” business? Consider taking your career to the next level by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the “disruptor” and market leader we pride ourselves on building new markets, leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position Experian Consumer Services has enjoyed for more than a decade and we’re always looking for the talent that can help expand that lead.
When you’re the leader, it’s always urgent, important and market-changing. We think that defines the true “disruptive” business. Join us and create some chaos for the competition.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a savvy Senior Project Manager who will manage the development and execution of major complex direct-to-consumer projects and programs, including roadmapping, scope management, scheduling and team coordination, risk management, project quality and, most importantly, delivery satisfaction. You will ensure our projects are completed efficiently and on-time while meeting the expectations of our primary stakeholders. Must have demonstrated experience leading medium to large enterprise-level general audience direct to consumer projects.
You are a driver, a leader, a self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed and self-sufficient and, at the same time, you’re strongly team-oriented and collaborative. You are comfortable in an Agile environment and working with diverse teams, executives and outside vendors. You have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, and can cater your communication style and form across all levels of business and technology to ensure stakeholders are informed and satisfied. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and are able to change hats as needed to suit the situation of the moment. You are transparent and open with your team, your colleagues and your leaders around successes, challenges and areas of opportunity. You remain calm under pressure, and inspire and motivate your team to do the same. You’re a natural problem solver – you gather the facts before making an informed decision, but you’re able to solution quickly if the circumstance requires. You conduct yourself confidently and respectfully with colleagues at all levels, and you value building strong relationships across the organization.
Responsibilities may include:
- Own the measurable success of project development as a project manager
- Actively participate in agile project planning to create timelines and milestones across multiple teams (internal and external)
- Actively maintain and manage programs for a subset of the master portfolio.
- Contribute to a culture of process improvement and eliminating waste.
- Agile coaching of business and development teams in maximizing value.
- Document, coordinate and manage cross-team dependencies to keep projects on track
- Provide thorough status updates on project accomplishments in real-time to key stakeholders with confidence and clarity, verbally and in writing
- Faciliate project conversations between project team members as needed
- Escalate risks, roadblocks or issues to project manager(if not you) in a timely fashion
- Work with team members to resolve personal conflicts quickly before they escalate and affect team dynamic and productivity
- Manage and work with 3rd party vendors or partners to drive cross-business unit project dependencies
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, including (but not limited to) daily stand-up, grooming, planning, retrospective, scrum-of-scrums
What your background looks like
- Bachelor's degree and four + years professional experience in a software project management or related role is required
- Experience leading medium to large enterprise-level direct-to-consumer projects
- Strong and demonstrated experience using the fundamentals of Agile development including measurable process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, technical projects
- Ability to interact professionally and confidently with colleagues at all levels, including senior and executive management with clear and confident communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience using Atlassian application suite (Confluence, JIRA) desired, not required
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Three weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together