Senior Information Security Architect - OPEN TO 100% REMOTE WORK
- 701 Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
As a Senior Information Security Architect working within the Experian Global Security Office you will determine security requirements of new cybersecurity solutions for both Experian GSO and the rapidly changing and innovative businesses it supports; research, design, planning and testing of security systems; ensuring solutions meet security standards, policies, and procedures; act in a security consulting role on any security related matters. The Experian Global Security Office is responsible for the delivery and continual development of Experian’s technical security architecture.
The role will challenge you to respond in different ways depending on the task at hand. Operating at the strategic level you will be innovating and developing the reference architectures for our cybersecurity environment. With the business units, you will be taking the lead in driving to the resolution for specific operational problems, along with providing advice, guidance and thought leadership on a range of security related topics.
Candidates must have a keen interest in Cloud security technology, and already have architecture experience within AWS and Azure security environments. You will work closely with the business on projects to ensure security design requirements are incorporated into business solutions.
· Take concepts, products and operational problems and drive them to resolution
· Prepare and present security solutions and recommendations to senior leaders when an identified gap is discovered
· Provide security guidance and requirements to technology teams when no solution is currently available
· Design Cloud security solutions within a hybrid enterprise environment
· Be driven by the practical implementation and use of technology to meet operational needs, implement security technical controls, and ensure standard processes, documentation, key controls to monitor and metrics to gauge effectiveness are developed
· Continuously ensure security policies and processes are performing as intended
· Apply financial realism to concepts by demonstrating the budgetary changes a solution brings when compared to its costs
· Bring your technical experience and vision to analyze multiple proposed solutions to identify those that meet the requirement and complement the existing tool sets.
· Present your strategies and solutions to your peers and create written reference architectures (White Papers)
· Work in a structured environment alongside formal project management processes and know when to use an unstructured approach to address the needs for immediate action
· Nurture your sense of achievement by being able to drive real change in the operational environment
· Operate under general guidance and direction, while being able to set your own direction
Security Control Experience
· Enterprise Firewall Management system, controlling and auditing rules sets
· Next Generation Firewall from one or more of the leading manufacturers
· Intrusion Protection Systems
· Web Application Firewalls as appliances and as an extension of the application host
· Data Protection through inspection and active blocking
· Traditional network environments and software defined networking
· Cloud technologies and the implementation of security services within cloud environments
· SSL Technologies including mutual (2-way) authentication, Certificates, encryption
· Web Access Gateways
· Endpoint security
· Cloud Access Security Brokers
· Traffic Flow Analysis tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- A proven background of 7-10 years’ related experience using multiple defense-in-depth security control technologies, design, and implementation
- Minimum of five years’ experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Must have a security certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Minimum of eight years’ experience working with defense-in-depth security technologies across large enterprises
- Minimum of five years’ Check Point Firewall / Threat Prevention experience a plus
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate with the business and executive leadership on topics related to security initiatives and cybersecurity issues
- Large-scale installation of new technology in a multi-cultural environment, into an operation environment
- Experience with delivering security technologies within large enterprise environments
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on
We’re an award-winning organization due to our strong people focus
Experian isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, design thinking and passion to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together