Security Engineer (WAF, IPS, F5)
- 701 Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
As the world’s leading repository of consumer credit data, Experian is transforming data into solutions that facilitate transactions, ensure financial safety and improve the financial lives of millions of consumers around the world. We have been named by Forbes magazine as one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies" and ranked on Fortune’s Best Companies to work for.
The mission of the Security Engineering Edge Operations Team is to provide comprehensive edge security control service aimed at allowing zero negative cyber security impacts. We aim high! Our team encompasses over twenty highly motivated professionals around the globe. The team is comprised of subject matter experts in area of network perimeter security controls, including intrusion prevention systems, web gateways, web application firewalls, and F5 load balancers. Our goal is to provide effective, secure, optimized security solutions for our customers.
Systems Security Engineer II is a key role in Edge Security Operations BU offers multiple opportunities to learn and grow by being part of a global team supporting multiple technologies in a highly demanding role. Our hybrid model of On-Prem/Cloud strategy also unleashes great possibilities for the right candidate to learn and excel with the deployment and operations of new technologies.
As our Systems Security Engineer II, you will help Edge Security Operations to support Security Infrastructure so that they can mitigate Security Vulnerabilities from being Exploited and protect Applications from Malware based attacks. To thrive in this role, you must be focused on support, daily operations, and customer service. The Systems Security Engineer II is responsible for executing the team's daily tasks and driving team objectives to completion. In addition, the Systems Security Engineer II is responsible for initiating technical escalations and customer notifications and assisting the Operations Manager with incident response support activities. As a critical member of the Edge Operations Team, the Systems Security Engineer II will work to enhance and improve the Edge Operations Team's support processes and proactively engage with the business units to ensure that all support gaps associated with Edge Operations controls are identified, added to a solution plan, and resolved. The Systems Security Engineer II will also frequently interact with business and technical stakeholders across the company on security related topics. Strong communication and soft skills are required to effectively represent the security goals of the Edge Operations Team.
What you’ll do every day
- Configure/Troubleshoot/Tune Imperva Secure Sphere and Incapsula WAF policies and signatures.
- Configure/Troubleshoot/Tune McAfee IPS Policies and Signatures
- Configure/Troubleshoot/Tune F5 LTM, SSL Orchestrator Environment.
- Incident Remediations, Develop RCA’s, Assist Lead Engineers, Work Interactively with Vendors.
- Collaborate with GSOC to identify/remediate critical security events via Splunk Monitoring.
- Change Management for Ticket Approvals, Mentor/Learn from fellow teammates and Lead Engineers.
- Querying SIEM Splunk Tool, work with GSOC to mitigate security events.
- At least 5 years of experience in the Network and Information Security field
- At least 5 years of practical experience, (deployment, configuration, management, and support), working with various network and security control technologies.
- At least 1 year of in-depth experience with F5 LTM-VIPs, Pools, Monitors, iApps, iRules, SSLO
- At least 2 years of support experience with large scale Imperva SecureSphere WAF platforms
- Troubleshooting experience with F5-LTM, tcpdump, ssldump, Wireshark, and application troubleshooting
- Understand SSL/TLS protocols
- Understanding of SSL Certificates, keys, and PKI infrastructure
- Large scale IPS technology and application on-boarding is a plus
- Understand layer 2 and layer 3 technologies, specifically associated with intrusion prevention systems and web application firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform within a fast-paced high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage and report on complex technical details
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Ability to drive, develop, and motivate people to attain team goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISM, CCSP, or equivalent certification(s) preferred
- F5 certification(s) such as 101, 201, 301a, 301b preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together