Operational Risk Analyst (Open to Remote)
- 601 Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales & Business Development
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine. Experian Consumer Information Services is redefining the way our clients do business within all aspects of the customer credit lifecycle. Fueled by best-in-class data and innovative technology we help businesses make smarter decisions, identify consumers, make decisions on loans, market to prospects and collect.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Experian's Global Risk Management (GRM) team as an Operational Risk Analyst. Reporting to the Credit Services Operational Risk and Business Governance SVP, the Operational Risk Analyst will play a key role in providing issue risk management oversight and maturing the operational risk function within select functions. The role's function is to promote a risk aware environment by executing the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework within regional and/or business line activities and entities. The program provides full coverage of strategic, financial and operational risks within the organization.
The role comprises the following core responsibilities:
• Managing and advising issue owners regarding issue management, timely closure and remediation actions for all issues across selected functions.
Coordinating the monthly business governance committee, including agenda, documentation and charter updates.
Partnering with functions across the 1st Line of Defense to implement risk management tools, processes and methodologies across selected functions and BUs and ensure they are used effectively.
• Assisting in the development of risk management activities including risk and control self-assessment, issue management.
• Supporting, advising and providing effective challenge to BUs, to influence behavior and drive cultural change to help ensure risk is a key component of 1st line decision-making.
Major Job Functions:
• Work with the SVP to execute Experian’s enterprise risk framework as part of the second line of defense.
• Partner with the selected functions within the 1st Line of Defense to ensure the Risk Management framework is implemented effectively in BUs by promoting a strong awareness of Risk Management tools, processes and methodologies.
• Assists in the preparation of risk reporting for submission to key risk governance meetings, most notably the RMC (Risk Management Committee).
• Undertakes on-going reviews and challenge of issue management for BUs, and performance of risk mitigation and remediation activities by BUs.
• Monitors adherence to policies and standards related to enterprise risk management
• Promotes GRC system awareness across BUs through education and training to help drive improvement in the way it is used across Experian.
• Helps drive improvements in Risk Culture across the BUs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and proactively.
• Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to various situation.
• Collaborative and consultative approach.
• Understanding of risk and control principles
• Strong academic background (university degree preferable but not essential).
• Experience of working in a multinational environment.
• 3+ years prior risk or internal audit experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together