Senior Compliance Analyst
- TX-121, Allen, TX, USA
- Department: Legal & Compliance
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
The Compliance team is seeking an experienced Compliance Analyst who will be responsible for the execution of risk-based regulatory compliance transaction testing and control reviews to independently validate business line adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
A successful candidate will be knowledgeable of consumer regulatory compliance requirements related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Privacy laws and Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices. The candidate will also be familiar with the consumer credit reporting industry and related consumer financial products and services. This role performs peer reviews and assists the department manager in managing the regulatory compliance testing workflow.
The Compliance Analyst Expert will:
- Work with Compliance Advisors to understand laws, regulations, and policies in order to write and maintain detailed, accurate test scripts.
- Execute targeted transaction testing and/or control reviews, as needed, including gathering data and documentation needed to perform the testing for consumer compliance requirements.
- Analyze data and processes from multiple sources and identify control weaknesses and potential compliance risk.
- Produce high-quality documentation of test execution and results.
- Communicate testing results to compliance advisors and business areas.
- Manage testing schedule to ensure all tasks and documentation are completed within established timeframes.
- Assist in the oversight of the work of the testing team to ensure that tests are executed timely, accurately, and consistently and producing high-quality, validated results.
- Assist the department manager in the update of the team workflow tool.
- Conduct peer reviews of test results and provide constructive feedback to aid in the development of the team member.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes, new laws and industry best practices.
- Participate in projects, as assigned, as regulatory compliance testing subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in compliance, compliance testing or audit; preferably in financial services industry.
- Solid understanding of testing or audit processes.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint; GRC systems experience preferred.
- Research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: results-oriented, team player with ability to work with business areas and compliance peers in a collaborative manner.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work processes.
- Logical, structured approach to planning and problem solving and decision-making.
- Flexible future of work arrangements. Most employees are currently working remotely.
- Three weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a competitive bonus
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to pass a background check, including drug screen, and be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.