Senior Network Engineer - OPEN TO REMOTE WORK
- 701 Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
The Global Network Implementation organization is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to provide subject matter expertise in support of the Global WAN which spans all business units and regions. This role will create the Low-Level Design (LLD) and Deployment Engineering plan for projects which optimize, enhance, or expand our connectivity footprint for consumption of Revenue, Non-Revenue, and Cloud based resources. Additionally, this role will work closely with security compliance, engineering, and operational teams to maintain a resilient and secure network infrastructure to adhere to stringent Regulatory, Governmental, and Industry security control requirements.
• Provide network design and implementation strategies, migration plans, and technical project support for low to high level complexity projects.
• Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
• Prepares Business Cases, financial analysis spreadsheets, deployment plans, and detailed bills of materials in preparation for presentation to Leadership to review for new deployments
• Perform hands on configurations for new deployments
• Prepares Build documents and Operational Support procedures and performs knowledge transfer to the Network Operations to ensure a smooth onboarding of new deployments
• Design, implement and manage the network and security systems within a secure multi-tenant cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, & etc.) environment.
• Works in support of implementing new designs from the Network Engineering team for Infrastructure projects including configuring, troubleshooting, documentation, optimization and requirements gathering for the Network Operations
• Provides direct support, including after hours, for new deployments which have not yet been transitioned into the Network Operation team
• Provides technical guidance for broader solution delivery initiatives
• Provides support, including after hours, for Tier 3 escalated operational issues
• Provides engineering expertise in identification of process improvement and automation opportunities
• Maintain deep technical knowledge of different Network and Cloud technologies and supporting solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities.
• Convey technical information/solutions to audience using whiteboards, presentations, or written communications in a workshop format.
• Responsibilities include executive and technical-level communications and relationship building to gain credibility/trust of internal and external customers.
• Consult, assess, or audit, design, and interview stakeholders to resolve highly technical requirements.
• Research, evaluate and stay ahead of curve on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
• Demonstrate strong ‘Consultative based mindset’ with strong listening and collaboration skill for uncovering unmet technology-based needs and translating the requirements into strategic solutions
• High motivation level and an appetite for fast-paced team environment; readily adaptable to changing market and organization requirements
• Problem solving mentality using internal and/or external resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• 11+ years of validated experience in managing, provisioning, and designing network technologies in a large globally diverse environment.
• Expert-level hands-on configuration of networking equipment, management tools and network analyzers.
• Ability to write detailed methods of procedure and maintain documentation including the creation of Visio drawings.
• Network Automation experience with Python and/or Ansible strongly preferred.
• Cisco CCNP certification and/or skillset level required.
• Expert level understanding and implementation of commonly deployed WAN technologies and concepts – P2P, MPLS, VRF, Wave, SONET, DWDM, SDWAN, WAN Optimization - is a requirement.
• Expert knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including - IPv4, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, PIM, HSRP, DMVPN, NHRP, and GETVPN – is required.
• Expert knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including - Spanning-Tree, VLANs, QinQ, Dot1q – is required.
• Expert knowledge of traffic prioritization technologies and techniques including – QoS, TOS, COS, LLQ, CBWFQ, WFQ, Shaping, Policing, MPLS-VPN QoS – is required.
• Expert knowledge of Cloud Networking technologies is strongly preferred.
• Proven expertise working with Global Telecommunications carriers.
• Operational experience with load-balancing technologies and platforms such as Citrix, VmWare, & etc.
• Extensive experience working remotely in a self-managed environment.
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on
We’re an award-winning organization due to our strong people focus
Experian isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, design thinking and passion to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to pass a background check, including drug screen, and be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.