Head of Decision Analytics Africa
- 35 Ballyclare Dr, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Analytics
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
Who are we?
Experian gathers, analyses and processes data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decisions, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime. Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
What do we have to offer?
Not only do we offer our employees a competitive benefits package and flexibility to have a good work life balance. We offer you an exciting, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work in an international team and continuously learn and develop your technical and soft skills.
- The Chief of Decision Analytics will be a member of the Experian Africa Leadership and the EMEA DA Leadership Teams, the roles responsibilities include the optimisation of the Africa Decision Analytics Division P&L, measurement of key profit drivers, identification of opportunities, development, implementation and monitoring Decision Analytics strategies that support the overall Africa strategy. Core to the financial success of the Department lies an established people focused management and dedicated mentoring culture of the Decision Analytics Team, that comprises of highly skilled and experienced Consulting, Analytical, Software Delivery and Support and ID&F resources.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, in-depth software knowledge and a proven consulting background in the realms of Financial Services, being a participative leader to achieve quality, service and productivity levels. In addition, the role requires a proven track record of ‘in the seat’ management of Financial Services portfolios across industry verticals, with full responsibility and accountability of department P&L and employee growth and development activities. You will be expected to work closely with other members of Exco, both in the Africa Business Unit and EMEA Decision Analytics team to deliver strategy and budgeted growth for Experian.
- Required qualifications/experience
- 15+ years of experience in the Financial Services and Credit industries, with in depth, multi industry knowledge of the entire customer management lifecycle.
- Degree or equivalent standard, with a high numeric content e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Economics
- Background in banking, financial services, consultancy, leasing, insurance, telco or utilities
- Strong background in people management (at least 10+ years of experience).
What you’ll need to bring to the party
- Design, development, verification and validation of applied, descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive support across business consulting, analytics, software delivery (development and support) and ID&F thus ensuring client value is extracted
- Ability to understand and relay complex challenges, whether business-, data-, software or ID&F related issues in a simple and easy to understand manner
- Demonstrate expertise in big data, cloud technology, software design and implementation (whether on premise, hosted or cloud based) and all technical support capabilities/environments required to ensure easy to understand and implement business process architectures are designed
- Proven track record of ‘in the seat’ management of Financial Services portfolios, with end-to-end P&L and resource management responsibilities
- Strong Financial Services business consulting background, with strategic C-suite engagement and tactical lower lever implementation support beneficial
- Highly knowledgeable in the end-to-end data lifecycle, with high proficiency in wide array of data tools and technologies such Hadoop, Teradata, SQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL, Vertica as well as scripting languages such as Python and R
- Result-driven individual; be highly creative and analytical; be a strategic thinker; have an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting
- Strong leadership, being able to move cross-functional groups in a unified direction as well as being able to move business executives and stakeholders
What you’ll be doing
- Represent Experian as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador of the company
- Attend, run and participate in team meetings
- Recognise opportunities for continuous improvement to business processes and procedures
- Develop understanding of Experian Business
- Contribute to the Decision Analytics team best practices, strategy and overall development of the team
- Project Management
- P&L Management
- Decision Analytics Support
- Client Communication
- Sales Support