Lead Data Scientist
- Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Analytics
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian gathers, analyses and processes data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decisions, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime. Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Experian’s Business Information Services (BIS) is a leader in providing data and predictive insights to organizations. By leveraging state-of-the-art technology and superior data compilation techniques, we provide market-leading tools that assist small and midsize businesses in making real-time decisions
Lead Data Scientist
Experian’s commercial division of Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics team is looking for a Lead Data Scientist. The candidate must have a deep understanding of ML modeling. He/she should be willing to mentor junior analysts and lead an analytical project from inception to implementation and be able to partner with technology teams to bring models to production
- Apply statistical analysis, machine learning techniques, predictive modeling, and data mining to solve business problems in credit, fraud, identity theft
- Lead and execute complex modeling/machine learning projects and new product development from concept to final delivery including writing code for model deployment
- Work cross functionally with various internal departments and external clients
- Innovate, propose, and design new revenue generating products
- Masters degree in a related quantitative field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Economics)
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably involving business information, fraud, or credit data
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and statistical/mathematical programming languages (e.g. Python, R, SAS).
- Experience with Machine learning methods such as Neural Networks, Clustering, SVM, Ensemble models, Random Forest, and Gradient Boosting
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
- PhD degree in a related quantitative field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Economics).
- Experience with large data using Spark, Hadoop, or similar technologies
- Experience with Commercial fraud, consumer fraud, identity theft, or cyber security
- Knowledge of Time Series Econometric models
- Experience with cloud-based platforms
- Prior people mentoring or leading experience of fellow Machine Learning and Data Science Analysts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.