Customer Care Specialist Austin, TX
- 1501 S MoPac Expy, Austin, TX 78746, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Customer Service
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years, we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Interviewing now for New Hire Class Starting 10/25!
This position pays $18.00/hr. It is eligible for a $1,500 performance bonus which is paid out after completing 90 and 180 days of employment.
Although COVID-19 is creating unprecedented circumstances, we continue to monitor the situation closely and the safety of our employees remains our top priority. We have implemented a remote hiring, on boarding, and training process. This means that when you are offered the position, you will begin working from home. However, once it has been deemed safe to return from the COVID-19 Pandemic, your position will likely transition back to our office located at 1501S. Mopac Expressway in Austin.
What you’ll be doing
Experian is seeking Customer Care Specialists to join our growing Call Center in Austin, Texas. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about providing excellent customer service, can interpret and analyze consumers' written or verbal grievances or disputes, and has strong computer skills. An ideal candidate will be resourceful and have the ability to learn quickly and be empathetic with our customers. Additionally, you will:
- Assist with credit-related memberships, services, and product offerings; and advocate for solutions that will help consumers improve their creditworthiness.
- Help consumers understand credit bureau processes and educate on appropriate steps to request corrections.
- Receive customer requests for assistance; identify support needed, and either help or forward requests to the appropriate functional area.
- Effectively handle escalated customer issues in a professional and timely fashion.
What your background looks like
- We will be working remotely, therefore, you must be able to prove you have high-speed internet service. You can test your home internet speed by using this link: https://speedtest.net/
- During training and team meetings, you will be required to be on camera using your computer’s webcam.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- To thrive in this role, you are comfortable using a computer to perform business functions and are able to provide clear and concise written and verbal communication to customers.
- Must be able to successfully pass background screening which will include a criminal background check, employment verification, education verification, credit check as well as a drug screen. A reasonable accommodation is available for individuals testing positive when they have been prescribed marijuana for medical reasons, but no accommodation is available for recreational use of marijuana.
- During training, you must be available: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- After training, you must be available to work any shift Monday through Friday and be open to working one weekend day.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, including an annual bonus target of 5%.
- You begin accruing three weeks of vacation a year starting on your first day (4.62/hours a paycheck).
- Five sick days each calendar year (prorated based on start date).
- 11 paid company holidays -based on company needs you may work a holiday(s).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.