Lead Encryption Engineer
- Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 15 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
The Lead Encryption Engineer:
- Is the chief resource responsible for the evaluation, planning, deployment, and preparation for operations of the tools and systems used by the Data Protection (DP) Team.
- Develops roadmaps and sets technical direction for the DP team. Specific focus will be directed to evaluating new technologies/products and supporting systems that are not supported and/or managed by other teams within the global security organization.
- Will work closely with the various internal teams including but not limited to: Application owners, Application developers, Infrastructure teams, Database Teams, Audit and risk management teams, Regulatory compliance teams External Key Management software vendors and professional services teams, other security tool Administrators, and business unit customers.
- Will be the primary SME to evaluate Data Protection/Encryption related security solutions, review and assist in reviewing, documenting, and maintaining Processes and Configurations to support the DP engineers.
- Is responsible for the build-out of the data security controls and for uplifts and planning forward to ensure health and data protection is maintained at the highest levels. They are the escalation point for Data Protection technical gaps and provide change governance.
Engineering Lead Functions
- Provide SME expertise on security tool capabilities and configuration adjustments when needed to contain implement controls such as encryption, key management, database monitoring as applicable as well as during security incidents or block future security attacks
- Collaborate with the Manager to Identify capability gaps and operational inconsistencies within the Data Protection controls environment and develop a plan to address through product enhancement, reconfiguration, upgrades and/or automation of processes
- Ensure build documentation for all security controls is available on the Enterprise cybersecurity WiKi including configuration standards and repeatable processes to support the tools.
- Build, manage, and maintain the automated reporting dashboards systems
- Build, manage, and maintain the intake process for requests on service now or a suitable tool.
Engineering Lead Responsibilities
- Timely Completion of Work:
- Establish a baseline plan and corresponding execution roadmaps.
- Refresh and re-publish tactical Plan for advanced data protection controls in June of every year
- Report progress against roadmap every month
- Refresh Data Protection roadmap/s quarterly
- Define plan and roadmap for dashboard automation and service now intake process and report weekly progress against plan.
Quality of Work:
- Ensure Technical and Process documentation is 100% current all the time (all changes thoroughly documented)
- Ensure new builds/integrations/agent implementation follow operational readiness processes, are fully documented, health/performance KPI's are defined and in place, and monitoring and alerting is in place before promoting to production
- Provide change governance
Educate Self and Peers:
- Demonstrate continual progress toward obtaining a security-specific (or specific security product certification)- or maintain a current certification
- Complete two career-related training courses per year
- Perform monthly training sessions for business teams
- Attend lunch and learn sessions to share knowledge with Engineering group
- Mentors team members to promote continual growth
- Effective Communication:
- Advocate Data Protection Controls across Experian
- Maintain objective progress documentation
- 5 or more years of experience in operations and maintenance of data protection at an enterprise scale
- 3 or more years of experience in architecting and implementing encryption strategies on AWS, Azure on Google cloud including working on CMKs and integrating with a third party HSM “provider”
- Experience in using AWS KMS, Cloud HSM, Gemalto/ Thales HSM and key management will be preferred.
- Experience in managing and implementing Application level encryption, Database level encryption and File level encryption.
- Extensive experience with information security and exposure to multiple security technologies:
- Security Architect or similar role- and able to apply that knowledge to reduce risk.
- Experience in working with business teams to understand and document encryption and key management strategy of IT driven products and services.
- Data encryption architect or engineer – able to understand and guide and train development teams on how to encrypt data on premises or the cloud and how to manage the lifecycle around the encryption keys and store them securely
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on
We’re an award-winning organization due to our strong people focus
Experian isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, design thinking and passion to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.