Big Data Architect Lead
- 701 Experian Pkwy, Allen, TX 75013, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian has embarked on a global multi-year program to transform its data and analytics platforms. A "cloud-first" strategy is a foundational element of these transformations. As a result, Experian is looking for a seasoned big data architect who could offer vision and expertise to establish big data capabilities in the cloud. Big Data Architect Lead will also be responsible for driving the data platform architecture optimized for the business units' data processing needs. This role also offers an opportunity to lead a global team of talented big data architects.
- Articulate vision and strategy for Experian's data processing needs by closely following research/publications, competitive landscape, and technology trends, especially open source and public cloud developments.
- Build and communicate the reference architecture for the "data as a service" platform to address scaling, flexibility, interoperability, security, and resiliency concerns.
- Build and own the specification (blueprints) for a standardized big data environment. The standards will be derived based on benchmarking various cloud-based tech stacks and opting for a tech stack that produced the best results specific performance, cost profile, ease of use, vendor support, and product roadmaps. The blueprints to incorporate resource utilization aspects of the cloud such as capacity on-demand (including serverless offerings) and spot instances.
- Work with the operationalization team and oversee the building of modules that automate and simplify the standing up of big data environment in the cloud.
- Participate in discovery phases of migration and transformation initiatives, drive the solution architecture for the new data and analytics platform.
- Review the business units' data processing needs. Based on the findings, outline the platform architecture, provide capacity size estimates, and lead the efforts to roll out a highly scalable yet elastic environment for batch and real-time data processing and micro-services for data provisioning.
- Lead and manage a high-performing team of big data architects. Also, create and maintain an exciting atmosphere to acquire and retain talent.
- Deep understanding of public cloud offerings that include managed services, serverless architecture, and resiliency models. Understanding of near cloud/edge computing is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing, open-source technologies, data science platforms, and programming languages. Good understanding of software frameworks and services in big data space (Spark engines, K/V stores, and ELK) and relevant programming languages
- Experience in leading projects involving large scale-multi dimensional databases, data processing, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams, including build partners
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to interact, engage and influence peers, colleagues, and managers
- Financial Services background and a solid understanding of data processing primarily in OLAP space
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical fields
- 10+ years of relevant employment experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.