Business Development Manager (Remote)
- 1501 S. MOPAC Expy, Austin, Texas, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales & Business Development
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services – Careers That Define “What’s the Next Big (Data) Thing” for Consumers?
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a “disruptive” business? Consider taking your career to the next level by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the “disruptor” and market leader we pride ourselves on building new markets, leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position Experian Consumer Services has enjoyed for more than a decade and we’re always looking for the talent that can help expand that lead.
What you’ll be doing
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role requires the talents of an experienced relationship builder and customer-focused professional. This person has successfully built relationships in the Data Breach Consumer Response space with Privacy Attorneys and Cyber Insurers (Referral Partners). The BDM’s role is to expertly manage and advise Referral Partners and Clients through data incidents calmly and reasonably to help clients choose Experian to provide Notification, Call Center, and Identity Theft Protection services in a notifiable data breach
Business Development Managers are responsible for building their network of Referral Partners from start to finish. This includes selling the Experian value proposition, capabilities, capacity, and client success focus. The successful building of the network of referral partners will result in Experian being chosen to both quote and service any size data breach event Globally. Success is defined by the amount of successfully secured live event data breaches. The BDM will also make sure that our Referral Partners understand Experian Data Breach Response capabilities for both US and Global data incidents.
- Relationship building with Privacy Attorneys, Cyber Insurers, and other referral partners
- Communication of the Experian Global Data Breach value proposition and capabilities
- During a live event, the BDM will quote services and pricing as required, negotiate contract terms, and secure a signed agreement with the Client.
- The BDM will ensure that Experian is an “approved” service provider on panels
- Prepare and present product and service offerings/pricing with quick turn-around times, and clearly communicate options to Referral Partners and clients to help them determine the best solution for their needs
- Advise on best practices for breach response operations and execution
- Respond reasonably to urgent customer events and deadlines with a level head
- Establish a high level of organization and time management
- Work cross functionally with Finance and Business Operations to share client needs
- Regular collaboration with the Incident Response Team during implementation of breach response
- Travel onsite meet Referral Partners and Clients along with Industry Conferences (25%)
What your background looks like
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college
- Must have experience with the data breach consumer response industry
- 5+ years’ experience in business development, relationship building and influencing others
- Industry knowledge in the legal, privacy, healthcare, and/or financial services fields a plus
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Strong ability to develop relationships with Referral Partners and Clients
- Ability to close contracts in fast paced, short time frame environment
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and confidence to present to top ranked attorneys and C-level executives
- Work collaboratively with internal and external leaders to deliver on client needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package,
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.