Sr. Product Manager – API & Platform-as-a-Service Solutions
- 1501 S MoPac Expy, Austin, TX 78746, USA
- Department: Product Management
- Role Type: Hybrid
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Partner Solutions is a leading provider of credit education, credit data, and identity management solutions for businesses and their consumers. In 2016, Experian acquired Austin-based CSID, founded in 2006 by a few serial entrepreneurs with a passion for helping consumers protect something they treasure most – their identity. The company evolved into a fast-growing cybersecurity startup helping businesses, both large and small, and 30+ million consumers (including families) with identity/fraud protection and data breach recovery (think Fortune 500 retailer gets hacked and credit card numbers get stolen).
Businesses worldwide rely on the Experian Partner Solutions platform to deliver cutting-edge credit and identity solutions to their consumers. As a Sr. Product Manager – API & Platform-as-a-service Solutions, you'll have a unique opportunity to own and define the development of our APIs and SDKs that support our partners' success.
In this role, you will drive investment in our platform by conducting market research, follow industry trends and developments, and apply insights to influence the product and solution roadmap. You will need to convey your vision, platform strategy, and feature definition to the business and engineering teams and build consensus around your ideas.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to anticipate partner needs and deliver new market opportunities through platform upgrades.
This role's ideal candidate needs to exhibit technical acumen and business savvy – experience defining platform services and deploying technologies to power partner ecosystems.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand how our platform can support partner integration needs and anticipate how those needs will evolve.
- Lead the creation of our Platform-as-a-service, API and SDK strategy, vision, and framework
- Own the platform roadmap and prioritize initiatives through validated business cases
- Work closely with engineering, product and design teams to drive execution
- Enable partner ecosystems through engagements with client services, sales and marketing.
- Define key performance indicators and success metrics
- Present our vision and roadmap to customers, partners and other industry leaders
- Present progress and roadmap plans to internal leadership
- Articulate a clear strategy that will capture partner attention and build consensus around your vision
Collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve success against product strategy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with cloud, PaaS, SaaS, API services, SDKs and big data analytics
- 5+ years managing a cloud-based SaaS product in the enterprise market
- 3+ years of working in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) product (mobile, web, tablet) environment
- Strong technically with a passion for design and usability
- Excellent problem-solving skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate the goals of a product or feature to internal stakeholders
- Curious, self-motivated thinker; always asks why and strives until the answer is clear
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, time-critical projects and prioritize responsibilities in line with business objectives
- Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Proven ability to perform product demos to customer & maintaining relationship with key clients
- Technical background with understanding and hands-on experience in software development is an added advantage
- A 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.