Senior Third Party Security Assessor
- 35 Ballyclare Dr, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
Experian’s a leading Analytics Enterprise
We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done
Our 17k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. We’re avid problem solvers. We embrace our diversity yet share similar values and growth mindsets
What’s your next professional and personal goal? Let Experian help bring this to life
• The Senior Third Party Security Assessor will help to ensure the Experian vendors and third parties are protecting Experian data in accordance with Experian policies, contracts and best practices. This is achieved by quickly understanding the key assessment processes, entities connectivity methods, data usage and handling, internal and external standards and regulations
• IT Degree
• CISA, CISM, CISSP, PCI QSA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor or comparable certifications.
• Knowledge of IT Risk and Security governance frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI, and HIPAA.
• Good understanding of key network and technical security controls.
• Understanding of risks in banking/financial services sector will be an added advantage.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
• Strong leadership skills.
• Problem Solving & Analysis.
• Ability to independently lead a team.
• Process driven and has eye for detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good collaboration and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, willingness to take on challenges and adaptability to change.
What you’ll be doing
• Administer and manage the Experian Third Party Security program to ensure new or existing business relationships support and adhere to Experian’s information security standards and principles
• Conducts information security reviews of business partners and third parties using Experian processes and standards through virtual or onsite assessments.
• Leads in developing and improving information security assessment program designed to assess business partners and third party controls for protecting Experian data
• Leads in developing, improving and implementing information security standards and requirements to guide business partners and third parties in adhering to security requirements
• Identify information security deficiencies or risks to appropriate parties. Provide escalation path for information security issues, incidents and enquiries.
• Partner with senior management in business, legal and compliance departments to ensure program is in line with our corporate values, compliance programs, laws and regulations, and enables the business to achieve its objectives
• Works with business partners, clients, customers, third parties and independent security assessors, to educate them about Experian’s Third Party Security requirements and assist in the interpretation and implementation of the requirements.
• Prepares statistical reports on compliance deficiency trends and violations
• Research, develop, deploy and implement automation and efficiency tools to maximize output
• Researches laws, regulations, and policies as it pertains to information security to provide advice and assistance to internal and external partners and affiliates. Identifies potential risk issues and recommends improvements or appropriate internal controls
• Partner and work with GSO teams to ensure GSO programs are deployed successfully, where applicable