- 3 Neutron Rd, Techno Park, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology & Systems
- Role Type: Home
- Employee Status: Regular
- Schedule: Full Time
Experian’s a leading Analytics Enterprise
We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done
Our 17k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. We’re avid problem solvers. We embrace our diversity yet share similar values and growth mindsets
What’s your next professional and personal goal? Let Experian help bring this to life
To build and maintain efficient solutions for Experian systems. Role requires one to participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle and coach developers. Create high-quality products that meet client needs and align with company strategy. This is a back-end development role which focuses more on data ingestion and distribution.
• BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
• +7 years’ experience in one or more programming languages, with +5 years solid Python experience
• 5-7 years databases and SQL experience
• 5 years Data Warehousing/Modelling
• Azure experience
• Experience with Setting up and deploying of applications to run in docker (optional including Kubernetes experience) on various hosts.
• Experience in monitoring, optimizing, and maintaining of the above setup
• 5 years Financial services industry experience (Desirable)
• 5 years Credit Bureau related experience (Desirable)
- Object Oriented programming
- SQL (92 standard minimum)
- DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, EDB)
• ETL and/or ELT
• Big data technologies
• Continuous Integration (CI)
• Apache Airflow
• Windows and Linux
Initiative and Responsibility
Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility and accountability for outcomes.
Adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results.
Uses a methodical and systematic approach; forward thinking, defines clear priorities and allocate resources effectively.
Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team in difficult times; is firm and reliable.
Analysis and Judgment
Quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments
Demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
Produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty.
Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information, supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
Is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities