Python / Cloud / AWS Developer (Competitive Salary with Stock Options)
- Coppergate House, 16 Brune St, London E1 7NJ, UK
Expend is a London-based FinTech company, in business since 2014 and now growing rapidly on top of a fresh round of funding. We simplify the painful business expenses process with a smart payment solution. We’re an ambitious team and have set ourselves a number of goals but our first challenge is to revolutionise business expenses. Expend saves time, hassle and money, giving companies a new level of expense automation and efficient control over budgets and employee spending.
We are working in a huge sector mainly dominated by big businesses using outdated approaches. It is in massive need of change and we aim to revolutionise the space. We provide a mobile app, online dashboard, card and payment products as part of an intuitive solution. We integrate and have formed partnerships with numerous financial and service companies, many of which you will know
We are looking for someone to help us develop an amazing expense solution. You will create and improve features built upon a modern microservice based architecture. As a Fintech our infrastructure spans across many areas and you will be able to work with all of it, including: Payments, Expense management, Databases and our APIs.
- Python3 for our microservices and our APIs,
- Erlang for services that require high reliability
- Docker and ECS for building and deploying our services
- AWS for all of our infrastructure
- Terraform for managing our infrastructure as code
- You enjoy working in constantly evolving, challenging environment
- You aren’t afraid of moving fast and sometimes breaking things
- You are interested in working with a microservice architecture and writing high availability, resilient code
- You are interesting in learning about the finance and payment industries
- You have a Degree in Computer Science or related field, or with relevant experience
This is an opportunity to be part of a talented and ambitious team, offering both a fulfilling role and potential for strong rewards as the company grows. We’re a friendly company, and we aim to create an enjoyable work environment, with work that is challenging but rewarding. If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and covering letter.
If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and covering letter.
Life is too short: NO RECRUITER / AGENCY / SERVICE PROVIDERS
Candidates must already be London based
No VISA sponsorship - No Remote
The Expend Team 👍