Sales Operations and Transition Coordinator
- 2 E Bryan St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Sales Operations & Transition Coordinators optimize the effectiveness of the District Sales team by engaging in activities that support our sales processes and strategies Using strong analytical, communication, and time management skills, Sales Operations effectively collaborates with staff in various job functions, owns and completes tasks of moderate to high complexity, and performs well in a challenging and fast paced environment This position provides support to the District Sales Manager and to the District Sales team The Sales Operations role provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
- Qualify sales leads utilizing reporting and analytics tools
- Engage in pre sale engagement activities for target customers prior to Sales engagement
- Organize sales events to drive existing and new customer engagement
- Utilize the Customer Relationship Management system to help manage and organize the District Sales team’s customer accounts, enable global engagement, and ensure data integrity measurements are met
- Coordinate bid response information as requested by the District Sales team or the Expeditors network
- Produce reporting on key metrics and manage monthly delivery of key reports to the District Sales Manager
- Ensure updated marketing materials are accessible to Sales team, and create customer focused PowerPoint presentations in support of business development
- Support Sales with rate requests by liaising with the appropriate Product staff or Pricing Desk who prepare quotes, and following up to drive timely customer response
- Coordinate visitor management for the district and ensure the Sales team maximizes opportunities for scheduled meetings with visitors and customers
- Attend training development sessions to understand the requirements of Sales, and communicate new internal information and tools to Sales, ensuring they are informed of new developments
- Support the onboarding of new Sales personnel
- Manage and/or contribute to weekly sales meetings, as directed by the District Sales Manager
- Define business awarded
- Develop a transition timeline for both business and systems
- Communicate customer’s requirements to management
- Document and implement agreed upon procedures
- Communicate project status to transition team, sponsors and Branch operations
- Take on additional assignments, as required, in support of company needs
- 1-2 years of Supply Chain experience needed
- Skills in organizing webinars and other online events (such as seminars
- Skills in targeted marketing (understand your target market, compose engaging messaging with call to action)
- Understanding of social media channels in a business environment, and their value for marketing activities
- Familiar with marketing communication protocols
- Knowledge of inbound marketing methodology, such as blogging, landing pages, and forms
- Proficient with data and data analysis using Excel and other tools . Familiar with Power
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word.
- Passion to drive and support a team toward winning results.
- Outstanding time management skills, attention to detail, and sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to make decisions in response to changing conditions
- Confidence to proactively collaborate across the Expeditors network to support Sales efforts
- Ability to influence others to action.
- Ability to independently apply creativity and problem solving skills to achieve results.
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.