Sales Operations Coordinator
- 1 Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, NY 10119, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 350+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Sales Operations Coordinators optimize the effectiveness of the District Sales team by engaging in activities that support our sales processes and strategies. Using strong analytical, communication, and deadline management skills, Sales Operations effectively collaborates with staff in various job functions, owns and completes tasks of moderate to high complexity, and performs well in a challenging and fast-paced environment. This position provides support to the District Sales Manager and to the District Sales team. The Sales Operations role provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
- Qualify sales leads utilizing reporting and analytics tools.
- Engage in pre-sale engagement activities for target customers prior to Sales engagement.
- Organize sales events to drive existing and new customer engagement.
- Utilize the Customer Relationship Management system to help manage and organize the District Sales team’s customer accounts, enable global engagement, and ensure data integrity measurements are met.
- Coordinate bid response information as requested by the District Sales team or the Expeditors network.
- Produce reporting on key metrics and manage monthly delivery of key reports to the District Sales Manager.
- Ensure updated marketing materials are accessible to Sales team, and create customer-focused PowerPoint presentations in support of business development.
- Coordinate visitor management for the district and ensure the Sales team maximizes opportunities for scheduled meetings with visitors and customers.
- Attend training & development sessions to understand the requirements of Sales, and be able to provide Sales with updates on new developments and tools.
- Support the onboarding of new Sales personnel.
- Manage and/or contribute to weekly sales meetings, as directed by the District Sales Manager.
- Communicate new internal information and tools to Sales, ensuring they are informed of new developments.
- Take on additional assignments, as required, in support of company needs.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Proficient with data and data analysis using Excel and other tools.
- Aptitude and desire to learn Sales fundamentals and processes.
- Passion to drive and support a team toward winning results.
- Outstanding time management skills, attention to detail, and sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence to make decisions in response to changing conditions.
- Confidence to proactively collaborate across the Expeditors network to support Sales efforts.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel. Familiar with PowerBI.
- Ability to influence others to action.
- Ability to independently apply creativity and problem-solving skills to achieve results.
- Ability to work productively both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work off-site for local events.
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language.
- Flexibility to take on additional tasks as requested.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.