Ocean Import Agent
- Akdeniz, Şht. Fethi Bey Cd., 35360 Konak/İzmir, Turkey
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service within the Ocean Import Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures smooth and timely freight process flow according to Expeditors' operational procedures.
Follows customer's standard operating procedures and proactively notifies customers of any issues. Consistently meets KPI standards, as per company's procedures.
Ensures accurate and timely data entry into our operational systems according to Expeditors' operational procedures and customer requirements.
Monitors exception reports for quick data integrity resolution.
Invoices customers the expected charges timely and accurately and according to Expeditors and customer requirements.
Properly provisions service provider charges to avoid reserves.
Follows proper credit approval processes in order to minimize risk and protect the company
- Global logistics industry knowledge
- 1 year of experience in Ocean Import
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Customer Service
- Vendor Relations
- Procedure and Productivity Standards Adherence
- Accurate and Timely Billing
- Self Development
- Understand department process flow, looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Fluent in English
- Turkish is a must.
- Ocean Import Lead Agent, Supervisor and Manager
Military service completion is prefered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.