Distribution Supervisor – Warehouse | Supervisor en Almacén
- Parque Industrial CPA Logistic’s Center - Bodega 9 Km 2.5 Autopista Chamapa – Lecheria Colonia San Martin Obispo, Estado de Mexico, Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico
- A jornada completa
Descripción de la empresa
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” - Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
18,000 trained professionals
250+ locations worldwide
Fortune 500 Company
Globally Unified Financial and Operational Systems
Descripción del empleo
Scope of Position: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with
receiving, picking, packing, inventorying, and shipping customer supplied product. Control the physical and cycle counting. Control the physical and paper work from the office to the ground.
Labor Management: Helps establish work schedules. Ensures that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are completed properly. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques in leading, supervising, coaching and disciplining associates. Provides input into performance evaluation for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations. Organizes the pick and pack and the replenishment processes in an adequate manner.
Operations: Supervises checking and unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product and picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with high level of productivity. Verifies required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted. Supervises and follows the cycle and physical counting and leads the investigation in finding the discrepancies. Organizes the inbound and outbound activities, and prioritize them.
Quality: Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are complete and free of damage.
Abides by Expeditors International’s policy and procedures, and enforces it on the employee level.
Documentation/ Records: Completes all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion. Computes and analyzes daily, weekly production metrics. Recommends remedial actions to resolve any discrepancies that occur. Maintains all of the required documents (POD …etc.).
Inventory: Assists in physical inventories and cycle counts. Maintains product location system. Ensures the optimal utilization of space. Rotate product as appropriate. Rotates products as appropriate. Makes spot audits on inventory locations and accuracy.
Equipment: Ensures the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment.
Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assists in maintaining warehouse security as per Expeditors’ requirements. Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
Communication: Attends warehouse planning meetings. Acts as a liaison between employees and management. Communicates industry and brand knowledge to associates. Issues written and oral instructions. Abides by the Expeditors International policy and procedures, and all security-related matters and enforces it on the employee level, and maintains a secure environment.
A. Education (preferred level) college degree.
B. Experience (minimum level of direct experience in a similar position) 2 years.
C. Knowledge/ Skills:
- Requires good supervisory and communication skills. Familiarity
- with personal computers and material handling equipment is essential. Strong decision-making and coaching skills. Able to drive results. Good, working knowledge with any Warehouse Management System.
- Flexible, problem-solver, sense of urgency, quick thinker, “street-smart,” organized
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods Must be able to
- twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis. Must be
- able to use proper lifting techniques. Familiarity with MHE is required. Must be able
- to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
D. Special Requirements: Must have excellent work habits. Must pass a background check, if applicable in state, region or geography. Must be a good communicator and specifically, with laborers. Need to be licensed to drive forklifts. Bi-lingual ability a plus.
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training