Developer III - Tracking and Reporting, IS Customer Experience
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Expeditors' Customer Experience Tracking and Reporting team is exclusively focused on delivering value to customers and creating industry-leading solutions. The team is dynamic, exciting and fun with high expectations to deliver best in class results with the timeliness to capture eager markets. We're breaking ground on so many possibilities - applying new technologies to solve complex problems, taking innovative approaches to software development. Come join an amazing team!
What you will be doing:
- Playing a key leadership role on a collaborative project team, responsible for the design and production of mission critical, enterprise-scale business system
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team on technologies, implementation and development best practices
- Translating requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycles
- Developing a thorough understanding of the logistics business and risk management domains
- Maintaining an awareness of evolving technologies in use by other teams at Expeditors and in the technology industry as a whole
This position will sit in Seattle, WA. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar; or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years in professional setting routinely performing analysis and design using object-oriented techniques. Expert working with backend code (Java/Spring) to write the business logic, database queries, and APIs as well as building the front-end client (Angular/Bootstrap/HTML, CSS) that then uses those APIs
- 3+ years' experience in programming with Java in professional setting
- 3+ years' professional experience with relational databases, SQL, and ORMs in enterprise applications
- Demonstrated long-term experience supporting enterprise systems
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience implementing Client-facing applications with responsive design and development
- Experience implementing REST services security using JWT, OAuth, and other related technologies / standards
- Experience implementing REST services supporting client-facing applications
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Experience with transportation and logistics or supply-chain solutions
- Experience with Eclipse or Visual Studio Code IDE's, various plug-ins, Maven, Nexus
- Experience with Git, branching, and merge requests/pull requests
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, automation, security and monitoring (DevSecOps)
- Experience with microservices architecture and containers
- Experience with GraphQl
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity. (Goes under Desired Qualifications).
Position is full time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday. We are a business professional attire company.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Successful candidates must pass a background check.
Keywords: Logistics, Global Supply Chain, Project Management, Scrum, Scrum Master, Agile, SAFe