Business Analyst II/III (Scrum Master) - Tracking & Reporting, IS Customer Experience
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The Business Analyst (BA) will take on the role of Scrum Master for an Agile Development team. They will communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders throughout the Program Increment (PI), maintain and execute the PI plan, and help raise awareness and mitigate risks.
They will direct the day-to-day activities of Analysts, Engineers, Developers, and other IS personnel for the duration of the PI. The BA (Scrum Master), in conjunction with the Release Train Engineer (RTE) and other Scrum Masters, is responsible for the success of the PI plan, and ensuring committed work is completed on schedule and the flow of value is optimized for the agile team they manage.
- Coaches the team in adoption of SAFe/Agile core values, principles, and practices
- Leads the team in self-organization to deliver quality working software with predictability, efficiency and velocity
- Facilitates and conducts team SAFe ceremonies: daily stand-up, iteration planning, iteration review and iteration retrospective
- Assist the Product Owner in the analysis process while proactively collaborating with the team
- Provides metrics for the team & ART (e.g. capacity, planned/actual velocity, story point burn down)
- Removes impediments and provides visibility and/or escalation to leadership
- Fosters a positive and productive environment within the Agile team
- Keeps team organized and focused
- Promotes a mindset and focus on relentless & continuous improvement
- Understands the context and status of each feature and story in the PI plan
- Supports the RTE in administering PI planning
This position will sit in Seattle, WA. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
- 1-3 years of software business, process, data, and system analysis experience
- Ability to successfully navigate and execute within ambiguous and stressful situations
- Strong communication and execution capabilities
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and activities, particularly Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Continuous learner; receptive to feedback, with a desire for improvement
- Aptitude for business analysis demonstrated through applied skills and knowledge
- Experienced problem solver, strong collaborator, and able to provide organization and clarity around complex topics
- Assertive personality, interpersonal, action and outcome driven mentality
- Ability to actively inspire, coach, mentor, and motivate
- Well organized with a keen attention to detail
- Servant leader
- 1-3+ years Business Analysis, Project Management or Scrum Master experience
- SAFe Scrum Master certification or similar
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile teams to deliver results with tight deadlines
- Understanding of the transportation/logistics industry
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Position is full time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday. We are a business professional attire company.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Successful candidates must pass a background check.