Quality Assurance Engineer II/III - Tracking & Reporting, IS Customer Experience
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Expeditors' Customer Experience Tracking and Reporting team is exclusively focused on delivering value to customers and creating industry-leading solutions. The team is dynamic, exciting and fun with high expectations to deliver best in class results with the timeliness to capture eager markets. We're breaking ground on so many possibilities - applying new technologies to solve complex problems, taking innovative approaches to software development. Come join an amazing team!
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. You will understand software internals, can debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with end-user level automated tools like SQL, Postman and Insomnia.
Quality Assurance Engineers work closely with Software Development Engineers to understand the technical implementation details of business features. They also work closely with Product Management, Customer Support, and end-users to develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests that drive quality and agility within the software development process.
If you are a talented, detail oriented individual who is passionate about quality and enthusiastic about building world-class systems, this could be the right position for you.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, refine, and prioritize automated and manual test suites in alignment with program vision and roadmap
- Create strategies to identify, replicate, and test defects across multiple applications and code bases
- Test and validate changes to target applications
- Coordinate quality assurance activities across multiple teams
- Work with engineering teams during development to establish proper test coverage
- Drive improvements pertaining to project requirements and application design
- Verify new build functionality and quality before releasing to end-users
- Reproduce reported bugs and demo to engineering teams
- Review log files to determine if an application is behaving as designed
This position will sit in Seattle, WA. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- Background in automation using Cucumber, Java, or other applicable languages
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide spectrum of people
- Effective at navigating ambiguity and helping diverse teams drive towards clarity and consensus
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Experience writing and working with SQL
- Driven, strong 'get it done' attitude
- Agile/IT leadership experience
- Proven expertise in designing and implementing Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience working in freight forwarding or other transportation industry roles
- Experience working and coordinating with geographically diverse teams
- Alignment with Expeditors' culture and a total commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience with software development and shipping products for internal and external users
- Working knowledge of Office 2013 or above, ADO/VSTS, SharePoint
- ITIL familiarity and/or certification
- SAFe familiarity and/or certification
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Position is full time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday. We are a business professional attire company.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Successful candidates must pass a background check.