Project Manager (Transportation Security on-site at Customer's premise)
- Alps Ave, Singapore
Expeditors is a Fortune 500 Company. Our global network offers a broad range of logistic
services including air and ocean transportation, customs brokerage,
distribution, cargo insurance, duty drawback, and consulting. Expeditors hires
the best in the industry, and the financial results are a direct result of its
people and unique culture.
Our motto, “You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you”, is exemplified through our
embrace of these culture elements: Attitude, Curiosity, Integrity, Resolute,
Visionary, Appearance, Confidence, Excellence, Pride, and Sense of Humor.
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will
find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which
foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to grow, learn and work hard. Our department
is growing and we are looking for a bilingual person who enjoys a fast-paced,
professional, and dynamic work environment.
The Security Program Manager works on-site with a large global customer. This position requires a dynamic individual with a strong security & logistics background as well as excellent analytical, communication, change management, and customer service skills. Part of a Global Command Center Team, the Security Program Manager manages processes, reporting, oversite and activities related to the execution of an in-transit visibility security program. Collaborates across functions and regions to improve relationships, manages and implements projects, and streamlines overall operations utilizing a host of tools including business analysis and process improvement techniques. Makes recommendations for strategic decision making and implementation of global initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the IoT [Internet of Thing] Security program while overseeing the safe and timely delivery of all freight as it moves through the supply chain network, report on and escalate incidents through established communications protocols
- Work with the Security Analytics Team to ensure accuracy of Command Center content, metrics, dashboards and reporting tools
- Apply security & logistics experience as well as superior communication skills to resolve key business problems and exceed customer expectations
- Work closely with global transportation managers, cross-functional departments, and vendors to identify areas of frustration, then collaborate with team members to develop new or improved solutions to in-transit security processes and systems on a global scale
- Manage and/or support global and regional-specific projects and implementations
- Drive quarterly initiatives; work through challenges, report progress and manage project risk
- Foster an environment of outstanding customer service with a heavy focus on positive attitude, professionalism, preparation, and follow up skills
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships; listen to customer and stakeholder needs; improve systems and processes to enhance the overall experience
- Ensure all security exceptions are investigated, communicated and escalated to internal/external stakeholders while being actioned quickly and appropriately
- Develop and utilize security analyst tools to drive adherence to SLAs and customer satisfaction; identify problems and trends before they can be of greater risk to the organization or its partnerships
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented and routinely updated; ensure process maps and visual charts are included for activities and functions
- Identify global inconsistencies and develop methods to standardize them across regions to ensure proper operational backup and escalation are always available
- Develop task lists to ensure all responsibilities are identified, assigned, and monitored
- Ensure training materials are current and well understood
- Assist with other security requirements as needed
- Meet minimum annual company training requirements
- Knowledge of security related transportation methodology to include IoT sensors technology, functionality and utilization of best practices
- Work collaboratively within a team, has excellent proficiency using multiple communications platforms (i.e. email, chat, video conference, etc.)
- Effective interpersonal skills, including negotiation, proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Risk sensitive, recognizes when problems arise or are likely to arise
- Critical thinking using logic, data & qualitative reasoning
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and recommend best options
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- 5+ years security, logistics, distribution or related experience
- 3+ years project management
- Undergraduate degree in Security, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other related field
- Industry certifications, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must speak English fluently
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, VISIO/Lucidchart
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends (as needed)
- Domestic and international travel is required (35%-40%)
IN VIEW OF COVID-19, ONLY THOSE CURRENTLY RESIDING IN SINGAPORE NEED TO APPLY
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.