Account Management Coordinator (Transportation on-site at customer premise)
- Alps Ave, Singapore
Expeditors is a Fortune 500 Company. Our global network offers a broad range of logistic
services including air and ocean transportation, customs brokerage,
distribution, cargo insurance, duty drawback, and consulting. Expeditors hires
the best in the industry, and the financial results are a direct result of its
people and unique culture.
Our motto, “You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you”, is exemplified through our
embrace of these culture elements: Attitude, Curiosity, Integrity, Resolute,
Visionary, Appearance, Confidence, Excellence, Pride, and Sense of Humor.
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will
find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which
foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to grow, learn and work hard. Our department
is growing and we are looking for a bilingual person who enjoys a fast-paced,
professional, and dynamic work environment.
The Account Management Coordinator for Transportation is a unique role onsite with a large global customer. It requires a dynamic individual with a strong transportation logistics background as well as excellent communication, project management and customer service skills. An integral part of a Global Command Center Team, the Account Management Coordinator is the local/regional expert on operations, processes and activities related to the safe and timely execution of transportation operations and project implementation. Collaborates across functions and regions, at all levels, to improve relationships and streamline operations using business analysis and process improvement techniques. Makes recommendations to senior management for operational and strategic decision making and to support implementation of global initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Logistics subject matter expert for the region, is the “goto” person for the customer, vendors and cross-functional departments
- Lead, manage, implement regional specific projects; manage risk and present routine progress updates
- Work with fellow regional specialists and CC analysts to identify global inconsistencies and develop methods for global standardization
- Lead and/or support global projects and implementations with risk management and routine progress reporting
- Support the safe and timely delivery of international freight as it moves through the supply chain network, report on and escalate incidents through established communications protocols
- Apply technical transportation-logistics experience and superior communication skills to resolve key business problems and exceed customer expectations
- Work closely with regional and global transportation managers, cross-functional departments, and vendors to identify areas of frustration, then collaborate with team members to develop new or improved solutions to command center processes and systems on a global scale
- Support and maintain an efficient work environment with outstanding customer service, including heavy focus on positive attitude, professionalism, preparation, and follow up
- Respond to adhoc requests for quotes from customers and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain proficiency on all CC systems and other tools
- Identify gaps, constraints, and trends in the transportation network and supply chain, work with stakeholders to develop solutions
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented in updated SWIs/SOPs
- Create Process Maps and visual charts for more complicated activities and function
- Support team training and performance management
- Assist with other transportation and logistics requirements as needed
- Meet minimum annual company training requirements
- Works collaboratively within a team, has excellent proficiency using multiple communications platforms (i.e. email, chat, video conference, etc.)
- Effective interpersonal skills, including negotiation, proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Risk sensitive, recognizes when problems arise or are likely to arise
- Critical thinking using logic, data & qualitative reasoning
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and recommend best options
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced agile environment
- 5+ years transportation, logistics, distribution or related experience
- Experience in invoicing, freight payment, claims, and cost reduction
- 2+ years project management
- 1-2 years people management
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other related field
- Masters degree, a plus
- Industry certifications, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must speak English fluently
- Must be willing to occasionally work outside normal business hours, including weekends
- Domestic and international travel, as needed (less than 25%)
IN VIEW OF COVID-19, ONLY THOSE CURRENTLY RESIDING IN SINGAPORE NEED TO APPLY
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.