Export Services, Specialist
- 3930 E Watkins St, Phoenix, AZ 85034, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals
in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors
satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through
customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight,
customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite
transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized
logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on
our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in
global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Export Department.
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Export Files and reporting
- Use operational workboard on a daily basis
- Ensure arrival notices are communicated to overseas and customers
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Airline carriers, trucking companies and others involved)
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in the DLSOPs
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary.
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee
- Complete mandatory training when required
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride
Expeditors training and company policies.
Expeditors services, systems and procedures
IATA/FIATA Certification (preferred)
Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, Internet).
Solid data entry with high accuracy rate
Fluent in English.
- Desire for a career in supply chain/logistics.
Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Health, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance provided
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program